Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default April Fools upcoming threads - are they a no-no?

As I'm sure some of you know, earlier today I posted in the upcoming forum about a GTA SA being in the works, but then in the first post let everyone know it was an April 1 joke. Some took it the wrong way: one member rather irately informed me that I committed a ban-able offense. Obviously that didn't happen, fortunately. Just want to know for the future: are threads like that ok on April 1? If not my apologies; it was sincerely meant in good fun.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
As I'm sure some of you know, earlier today I posted in the upcoming forum about a GTA SA being in the works, but then in the first post let everyone know it was an April 1 joke. Some took it the wrong way: one member rather irately informed me that I committed a ban-able offense. Obviously that didn't happen, fortunately. Just want to know for the future: are threads like that ok on April 1? If not my apologies; it was sincerely meant in good fun.
Has your thread/post been deleted by mods or admin? If so, that would give a pretty good assumption on what direction TA thoughts are on it.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

As April 1st was about to end i noticed one mod deleted the GTA San Andreas thread so i did the same to Zombie Airship

I thought it was harmless fun to be honest, its April 1st, you get joke stories on lots of sites (I'm a big NFL fan so i spotted a fair few on various sites). I'm surprised people get SO upset by it, probably more so as they didnt realise (duhhhh) what day it was !

Its only once a year, i personally thought it was amusing
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
As April 1st was about to end i noticed one mod deleted the GTA San Andreas thread so i did the same to Zombie Airship

I thought it was harmless fun to be honest, its April 1st, you get joke stories on lots of sites (I'm a big NFL fan so i spotted a fair few on various sites). I'm surprised people get SO upset by it, probably more so as they didnt realise (duhhhh) what day it was !

Its only once a year, i personally thought it was amusing
This is what I don't understand either. Hell, large corporations like Google and YouTube pulled out tricks from their sleeves. People get worked up over the stupidest reasons.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It's fine if its a funny article about a larger than life subject. But when it's a perfectly feasible thing such as another GTA coming out, it's just unintelligent irritation.

It's like asking if you'd rather year a Christmas cracker joke or a stand-up comedian joke. No one wants the dummies version!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-sam View Post
It's fine if its a funny article about a larger than life subject. But when it's a perfectly feasible thing such as another GTA coming out, it's just unintelligent irritation.

It's like asking if you'd rather year a Christmas cracker joke or a stand-up comedian joke. No one wants the dummies version!
But are you honestly going to take anything seriously on April 1? Come on. The whole point of that thread was to get you to think, "oh boy, I'm so pumped!" and click on it and go, "Goshdarnit I should've known better".

Plus it's one day out of the year. If this was any other date than April 1 I'd tend to agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Has your thread/post been deleted by mods or admin? If so, that would give a pretty good assumption on what direction TA thoughts are on it.
Not at first. One of them saw it (I know because a rude post was deleted) and didn't close the thread, but when two other members started to get irritated, and then two other members jumped in to my defense, that was when it was deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
This is what I don't understand either. Hell, large corporations like Google and YouTube pulled out tricks from their sleeves. People get worked up over the stupidest reasons.
That was my reasoning.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Making April Fools' jokes is some serious business.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ok or not it's April freaking fools. Deal with it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Ok or not it's April freaking fools. Deal with it.
This is pretty much my stance. Whether you like it or hate it, you gotta suck it up. There's no rule or right that protects you from falling for pranks on April 1st.

...provided the prank itself is within laws and rights, obviously.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

So is any moderator or admin going to tell me yes/no that thread was/wasn't against the rules?