Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Default Llamasoft on iOS - the good times are over?

See:

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/Minotaur/donate.php

Minter is going to make Mac/PC his main platform, with iOS and Android now being relegated to "possible". Darn.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Minter's humor doesn't seem to be of the April Fools' variety, so I imagine this is true. If so, I'm not sure if I'm surprised.

On one hand, I love Goat Up. It's the perfect mobile game. I haven't played the second, and I'm not even sure if it's been released yet. I know he's submitted it.

On the other hand, Minter's stuff could really, really shine on something with a little more power and resolution. He's a graphical space wizard, and if you give him a desktop to work with, he can quickly trip you out.

Also, desktops have really picked up as a sales platform. I wouldn't have believed it 3-5 years ago, but it's doing very well for indies right now. I've considered making desktop versions of my games, but it's a lot of time that I don't have right now.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

If you loved Goat Up why on earth havent you snapped up Goat Up 2 ?? I think poor sales are one reason why hes dropping iOS, so i think people 'waiting' to buy his games dont help.

Shame if this is true and iOS is being relegated, but at the end of the day he has to pay his bills and if hes not making as much as he thought/or wants from iOS then we lose another good developer and we're one step closer to a freemium app store !

I always support devs like Minter, enjoy his games anyway but i love that people like him (used to) create quality apps, shame too many people wait or wait for a price decrease. This is one reason why we get so much freemium rubbish
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

"On one hand, I love Goat Up. It's the perfect mobile game. I haven't played the second, and I'm not even sure if it's been released yet. I know he's submitted it."

From my initial post.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:24 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Proper sad. I've played Minter's games since the 80s and think he's probably the closest thing to genius on the AppStore. Good luck, Jeff. Top, top man.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I don't think is all over. On the contrary, i think a new, younger audience can appreciate in a different way and with different devices the magic that we enjoyed almost thirty years ago.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This makes me alot sadder than the sail of LucasArts. Goodbye sweet prince
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I stand a better chance of being able to play his games in native resolution on PC. Now I can start buying them
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickermortes View Post
"On one hand, I love Goat Up. It's the perfect mobile game. I haven't played the second, and I'm not even sure if it's been released yet. I know he's submitted it."

From my initial post.
I know what you put, I just meant if you were a fan i'm surprised you didnt find out the news on twitter that the games out (from various sources) or even this website.

If theres a game i'm looking forward to its easy to find out the second its out. Bit like a kid when it comes to new releases, buying it when it hits the app store
Old 04-05-2013, 02:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

To be honest ive always found Minters games to be fairly inconsistent in their quality. Some are excellent, others rubbish. I remember playing one game that was ruined by his psychadelic effects engine alone.