Support our Sponsors:

Old 04-03-2013, 07:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Freemium model advice

I am wondering if I have done this upcoming game right?

I have a lite game with ads but to enhance it, people have buy a maximum of 6 inapp purchases.

Does this model work well?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I can't find the article I read, but an obscene amount of money is being spent on in-app purchases. I thought it was 50-60% or something.

Facts alone would say you're probably on the winning team.

I won't do it, but from what I gather, it's the best way to make money with the AppStore.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default IAP all the way

Depending on your app, IAP should be part of your monetization strategy. From January 2012-November 2012, IAP as a percentage of total app revenue on the App store increased from ~50% to 70%, and total IAP revenues are up 96% over the same period. Be careful about being too aggressive with promoting IAP too early on though. I don't know your game, but 6 purchases sounds like a lot? You need to sell the user on the app before you sell them on anything else- IAP only monetizes the users you engage and hold on to.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Good

OK many thanks sounds like the right road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apptopia View Post
Depending on your app, IAP should be part of your monetization strategy. From January 2012-November 2012, IAP as a percentage of total app revenue on the App store increased from ~50% to 70%, and total IAP revenues are up 96% over the same period. Be careful about being too aggressive with promoting IAP too early on though. I don't know your game, but 6 purchases sounds like a lot? You need to sell the user on the app before you sell them on anything else- IAP only monetizes the users you engage and hold on to.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

To be fair, the main players who spend a ton on IAP usually have the following mindset:

"I really love this game. If I'm playing it so much, I might as well spend a lot of money on it to get an advantage or to support the creators."

Competition styled events often drive players to spend more money on things, pending on the type of person playing, and also the desire to grind less and progress faster also encourages people. Additionally, people who really enjoy the game will also buy IAP for optional visual upgrades.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

What everyone said on this thread is nailing everything important about IAP. My two cents is to -always- observe your competitor's IAP model, learn from them, and do it better. Come up with a hundred different kinds of monetization strategies and think about how each one will affect your users.

Let me know how you do. Good luck!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com2us|TaoFTW View Post
Come up with a hundred different kinds of monetization strategies...
Just don't put all one hundred into the same app, otherwise you lose a part of your soul.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Just don't put all one hundred into the same app, otherwise you lose a part of your soul.
^This x100
Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Game name

Is sexy allowed in a game name as I just had a warning of not recommended when testing
Not registered yet but all artwork etc and months of work is depression if game name not accepted
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

You shouldn't. I try to avoid freemium always and I am sure a lot of other people think just like me.
A better name for it is pay to cheat giving money takes no effort where as working for your in game rewards/levels/items makes playing the game fun.
I would rather pay 99c for a game then have it pester me for 99c every 5min.