★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Planets Defense is a 3d space strategy game where you create, develop and command your space fleet, research new technology and acquire new resources.

Invest into planet mining or debris scavenging - form habitable atmosphere, deploy on new planets and build defence structures - protecting mankind from ruthless invasion!

- 25 challenging levels
- addictive and dynamic gameplay
- different space ships
- various defensive buildings and production facilities
- upgradeable weapons, shielding force-fields and more!

smokebox's comments:
Hi all!

Want to share with you my side project that I was cooking evenings and weekends, its a 3d-space-tower-defense-game,

I hope you will like it, feedback appreciated (sorry for too-oversized screens!)

Planets Defense (1.99$ on iTunes - UPDATE currently price is 0.99$ - ends 11.04 - if you missed it, don't worry, there will be another one soon! )

04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I hate to be tha guy but I would love to see a gameplay video.

04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm that guy, a gameplay video would be nice, thanks.

T. A. A. P. Member.
I drive trains and play video games.
04-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Here you go:

Planets Defense (IOS gameplay trailer)

thanks for watching!
04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Anything planned for updates?
04-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I was thinking multiplayer, but thats a big thing, actually, I am not sure if people even like the game right now, if not, then I guess no need for the updates. Oh, right, I will update the price, meaning go 0.99$ or even free depending on the sales (honestly just want the dev costs to return
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebox View Post
I was thinking multiplayer, but thats a big thing, actually, I am not sure if people even like the game right now, if not, then I guess no need for the updates. Oh, right, I will update the price, meaning go 0.99$ or even free depending on the sales (honestly just want the dev costs to return

That's what I thought.... Thanks...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
04-05-2013, 01:39 PM
So I hurried up and bought it for $2 because this looks like its well worth the current asking price. I'll report back after playing for a little bit.
04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
So I've only had time to play two levels but I wanted to report back that this is fun RTS/SIM style game. The levels I've played so far start you with one planet in a solar system, on your planet you have tiles to build production facilities, planetary defenses, and space docks for building spaceships. There are different types of production facilities that produce different combinations of resources that are used for building new facilities, defenses, and ships or upgrading existing ones. You can then send off your spaceships to attack other planets and space stations or you can keep them around your planet for defenses.

This is really a fun game well worth the asking price. Great job on the game!
04-05-2013, 02:38 PM
ojtitus, thanks for playing!

Later you can deploy on new planets, scavenge debris that's often left from destroyed ships (actually debris floats and clumps together following the gravity law and on each level you discover more advanced ships/structures to play with, obviously enemies are getting tougher also!