Glob the game - cartoony platforming shooter WIP

04-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Glob the game - cartoony platforming shooter WIP

Hi All! New to this forum, (how have I missed this place?!) Posting a WIP thread for the game I'm working hard on.

In Glob the game, you will slide, squish and shoot your way through many challenging levels in a colorful 2d world. Various enemies, traps, and power-ups will help and hinder your journey! Coming to iOS Android, PC, Mac, Linux, and OUYA.

I've focused on the iOS and Android versions the most. I have a fresh control scheme, that's really intuitive for touch devices. Will be posting more on that soon in a video... Also working on Coop and Vs multiplayer.

Thanks for looking!

Youtube link | Pop Up

04-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Here's a vid showing off a new area. These cliffs aren't going to be easy! Where are all these boulders coming from anyways??

Youtube link | Pop Up

Glob the game WIP (Cartoon Platforming Shooter)

04-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Cool looking game!
04-11-2013, 03:01 AM
Looks good. Nervous about 'a fresh control scheme' as i've heard that too many times in the past ! If you have a fresh control scheme i would advise you to have an alternative 'standard' control scheme as well, should attract more people
04-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the replies! That's a good point psj about the controls. I will definitely be including an option in the settings to use a more conventional virtual joystick control scheme as well.

04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meta87 View Post
Thanks for the replies! That's a good point psj about the controls. I will definitely be including an option in the settings to use a more conventional virtual joystick control scheme as well.
Are you going to beta test? I recently joined TestFlight and still haven't been able to try a beta. This game looks really fun. If you are, here is my Testflight email:
cvbxsta@gmail.com
04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Hey Bronxsta, I'm going to be doing some betatesting on Testflight. Not ready quite yet, but I'd love for you to test it when it is. I'll send you a message.

05-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Been a while since I've updated, but progress continues! Recently picked up a Nexus 7 to start testing the game on. Nice little tablet and Glob the game runs really well. Running great on iphone and ipad as well!

I took a video playing one of the tougher levels on the Nexus:

Youtube link | Pop Up

I'm getting active on twitter http://www.twitter.com/travisirby. Interested in following others devs, or anyone that love video games

Last edited by meta87; 05-11-2013 at 03:50 AM.
05-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Looks very good, and it has a vstick too so its all great, will keep an eye into this one.
05-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Looks very good, and it has a vstick too so its all great, will keep an eye into this one.
Thanks TheFrost! Hey what's a vstick? Hopefully not too dumb a question