Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-05-2013, 03:01 AM

Default Do you think the human race will ever come in contact with Aliens?

Or do you think we already have but the government and/or NASA is keeping it secret?

Or do you think Aliens don't exist?

Last edited by TheEvilRobot; 04-05-2013 at 03:08 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Are those the only two options?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:07 AM

I edited the post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

If there is a civilisation advanced enough to be capable of contacting us easily... why would they?

To them we'd be essentially cavemen. At best they'd consider us pets or below them and not worthy of notice. At worst, a threat, in which case we wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Still not enough options! I'm just hard to please I guess.

I don't think they will visit us (for pretty much the same reasons Echo said... If they have the tech to travel thousands of light years then we will be ants in comparison).

I don't think they already have and that anyone is covering it up.

But I DO think they exist. As Ellie says in Contact, it'd be an awful waste of space... : ) I imagine most of it would be very very basic, the equivalent of bacteria or other single celled creatures on Earth. Some of it might be as "advanced" as us and some of it is probably (hopefully) far, far more advanced. I say "hopefully" because some people speculate that once a species hits the point where they have the ability to wipe out their whole planet (the point we are at more or less), there is a good chance they will. I'm a bit more optimistic.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
If there is a civilisation advanced enough to be capable of contacting us easily... why would they?

To them we'd be essentially cavemen. At best they'd consider us pets or below them and not worthy of notice. At worst, a threat, in which case we wouldn't stand a chance.
We would make terrible pets. We eat heaps, breed like crazy and are neither loyal or cute. Maybe we would be collectible Pokemon to them and they could use us to battle
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I always thought about the impossibility of us being the only kind of life form existing in the universe, or in our galaxy at least.
At the same time, I'd like so much believe in UFO or aliens, but the proof we have had until now are vague at best. Photos and videos are always not clear or hard to be deciphered, and if we think that in our era, anyone can make a video or photos like real with a simple computer software, i think is pretty difficult to divide the true from the false.
I believe that the day an alien race will come visiting us, will be for all of us, not a single man or woman. If they are so advanced as we think, they'll understand the importance of that moment for the whole humanity.
Maybe they're much more behind us in technology, and incapable of space voyages, who knows? Maybe they are questioning themselves the same questions we try to answer. Everything is possible.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

If an alien from Under the Skin comes to Earth, I'd welcome them with open arms
Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

If the shoe was on the other foot what we do if we found another race? I think there would be a bucket load of observing then a contegency plan in case they retaliate followed by a peaceful attempt to contact and trade information.

Information and attempts to form an alliance would out way any thing achieved from warfare.

Statistically it's almost impossible that there isn't other life out there. The issue is if we can survive long enough to make contact
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
The issue is if we can survive long enough to make contact
Well, at the actual rate of our tech advancement, i hardly see how could we discover other civilizations.
The only thing we can do is wait. And if we should find some sort of signal from the deep space, as you stated rightly, how much time would occur to make a contact?
We can't do anything but wait.