★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Humans, elves, dwarves, the Evils of the Earth-depths, and golems!
Different people, different tribes, different motives- all come together in this classic fantasy RPG!

The lands where the humans, elves and dwarves live continue to be attacked by hideous creatures that have appeared from the very bowels of the earth. The attacks are frequent and widespread, and the attackers commit the most terrible of atrocities.
These attackers have been dubbed the 'Evils of the Earth-depths'
One day, Granzalk Castle is the subject of an attack by the Evils of the Earth-depths.
In the midst of the fierce fighting, Ryle, a young apprentice swordsman whose parents were both killed in a previous attack by the Evils, and who vows revenge, finds himself in the underground chambers of the castle. In one of those chambers, he discovers a golem built to oppose the Evils.
And so the quest begins: Ryle takes the fate of the kingdom on his shoulders, and, along with Denoas, the golem built to oppose the Evils, sets off first to the village of the elves...

This is KEMCO's first brand-new RPG designed from the ground up especially for smartphones!
Don't miss the epic story that unfolds around Ryle and Denoas and the characters they encounter, each with their own intentions and motives!

Smoothly Animated Dynamic Battles
Smooth animation and dramatic voice effects bring the characters' battle scenes to life.
There are huge numbers of enemies trying to stop your progress. Some of them even have parts which are destroyed when they are damaged beyond a certain level. For example, an enemy might be clad in formidable armor to begin with, but if that armor is destroyed, the enemy's appearance changes and defense ability drops but on the other hand, the enemy's movements might become swifter.
Don't ignore these changes- use them to alter the battle situation to your advantage!

Customize Weapons and Statuses!
The characters' weapons are each made up of parts, and by combining these parts, you can change attack strength, not to mention the magic and skills the characters can use.
What's more, by reinforcing weapons at a Weapon Shop, you can upgrade the weapons to be much more powerful than they originally were.
In addition, by assigning Merit Points on the Status screen, you can strengthen different statuses as you want- and you can adjust these statuses at any time.

*This game features some in-app-purchase content. While in-app-purchase content requires additional fees, it is not necessary for finishing the game.
*The actual price might differ depending on the region.

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

04-05-2013, 05:23 AM
=oD

Woot!!!

04-05-2013, 05:28 AM
Hell yes... Universal!

EDIT: Downloading now!

EDIT2: Looking at the screenshots while downloading and i noticed... ROBOTS!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-05-2013 at 05:31 AM.
04-05-2013, 06:48 AM
WOW!!!

Alrighty...

Holy crap... if Kemco wanted to set themselves apart from Square in the RPG department, they definitely did it with Symphony of the Origin. My god this game is polished! Japanese voice-overs in battle, a complex and unique weapons system, great over-world gfx, sublime UI... and the music!! Gah! If you're into Turn-Based RPGs - you should definitely snag Symphony of the Origin while it's only $4, before it goes up to $11 later on in the next week. Better yet, wait until the price goes to it's 'normal' pricing, and buy it then... DAMN IT'S GOOD!!

^^lol... yeah - cheesy - but that's what I posted on FB... I think maybe 3 of my friends on there have iPhones. =oP

Anyway, yes - I'm COMPLETELY BEYOND IMPRESSED with this one. It definitely raises the bar for Kemco publications.

And yes - It's Universal, and yes - it's widescreen supported... I haven't checked it out on the iPad yet, but the graphics on my phone make me think that they might be a tad bit blurry on the larger screen.

There are IAPs for special 'cheats', like unlocking areas of the game where you can learn special skills and finishing moves that you'll learn while playing throughout the game anyway, or useful quest items that completely restore HP and the like... all can be bought with SOP's, and you can purchase SOPs through IAPs - but like I said, it really seems like they're just there as a sort of 'cheat' to make your characters extra strong and just breeze through the game...

There's also normal and hard difficulties. both are available without an extra purchase (sorry, I know that shouldn't be an issue, but after Dark Gate, I felt I should clarify that)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Asdivine Hearts, Cardinal Quest 2, Yurei Ninja, Mountain Goat Mountain
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 04-05-2013 at 06:53 AM.
04-05-2013, 06:57 AM
I see the Random RPG Name Generator is alive and well...
04-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I see the Random RPG Name Generator is alive and well...
It's the sequel to Symphony of Eternity. =oP

syntheticvoid
04-05-2013, 07:03 AM
holy s!@#$!! this looks lovely! nerdgasm!! and it's universal to boot! gotta stop playing FF4 now and turn to this one! i hope they update their other games to have universal support :0
04-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Cloud saves by any chance? I'm sure I will have purchased before this is answered, but that would just be the greatest.
04-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda33 View Post
Cloud saves by any chance? I'm sure I will have purchased before this is answered, but that would just be the greatest.
AFAIK, no, no iCloud saves... unless they just aren't working ATM... but there's also no GC. So I doubt it.

syntheticvoid
04-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
It's the sequel to Symphony of Eternity. =oP
It's actually supposed to be a prequel. But while there may be things that connect, you don't need to have played SoE.

I've been playing this on Android. Haven't put as much time into it as I want to but so far it's been fantastic. It's easily Kemco's most polished RPG - even surpassing Fantasy Chronicle.

Great game and highly recommended.