Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Default Monster Shooter 2: Back to Earth (by Gamelion) [Universal]

Gamelion announces Monster Shooter 2: Back to Earth - Celebrating 10 million downloads of Monster Shooter franchise.

Official teaser:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The big question as always is will this be a paid game or freeium
Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
The big question as always is will this be a paid game or freeium
There will probably be a freemium version and a premium version that goes on sale occasionally. That's exactly what they did for the first.

Anyway, I'm excited for this, what a pleasant surprise! I really enjoyed the first one, I have it one my phone, and it's pretty top notch. Let's see how the sequel will top the first.

Last edited by dariusjr98; 06-09-2013 at 08:01 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:27 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Lost Levels is a solid dual stick shooter that was not Freemium. If they follow in these footsteps then this should be a good game.

Since Gamelion has abandoned the Lost Levels thread, I will say it here, again: I hope to see an option to make the lesser weapons relevant for Survival Mode. On top of that, the weapons need the option to be de-equipped. I actually deleted Lost Levels and downloaded it again, simply so I could only buy the upper tier weapons (chain gun, combat shotgun, rocket launcher) and to also get the lesser weapons out of the weapon pool. Selecting through 10 weapons, half of which you don't use, was pointless.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 04-05-2013 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Lost Levels is a solid dual stick shooter that was not Freemium. If they follow in these footsteps then this should be a good game.

Since Gamelion has abandoned the Lost Levels thread, I will say it here, again: I hope to see an option to make the lesser weapons relevant for Survival Mode. On top of that, the weapons need the option to be de-equipped. I actually deleted Lost Levels and downloaded it again, simply so I could only buy the upper tier weapons (chain gun, combat shotgun, rocket launcher) and to also get the lesser weapons out of the weapon pool. Selecting through 10 weapons, half of which you don't use, was pointless.
Yeah, that was a glaring issue in the first one. I even emailed customer support about that.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post

This problem has been reported several times already and we are aware of this issue in Monster Shooter.
To avoid this, in Monster Shooter 2 players will be able to equip max two main weapons before entering actual game play. Also upgrades system is much more advanced than previously.

About the business model: Monster Shooter 2 will be Free2Play, but we now put extra focus on play testing to be sure, that user will be able to play the game for free as well. They will need just much more time to get most of the weapons for free. Also, there is a possibility that we will release premium version (ad free, with extra content) later on.

We have addressed several other major issues that have been reported by players in the comments on facebook or reviews on AppStore / Google Play and other platforms.
First of all, the game will introduce several mission objectives (destroy alien beacons, seek&destroy, find an object and more) so the the game will not only base on survival missions. Also, we have added boss fights ( bosses FTW! ), new weapons and in-game perks.

There is plenty more new stuff coming, and we are pretty excited about the Monster Shooter 2. If you have more comments / ideas / requests / questions / regarding Monster Shooter 2, post them here. We will do our best to address all your concerns.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

PLEASE release a premium version with extra levels like you all did with the first.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Ugh, so sick of Freemium.

Ads too? Will we be able to disable the adds?

I just got done posting in another thread about how there should be a choice between Freemium and Premium. I almost wish it was required by Apple. There is no reason why serious iOS enthusiasts should have to suffer through this Freemium nonsense. The choice to release a Premium version after the Freemium is a sad indicator of where priorities lie.

I look forward to the game otherwise, and definitely with a legitimate business model.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 AM

More details on upcoming MS2
http://game-lion.com/news/news.php?go=ms2_announcement

- Hand-drawn Full HD 2D Retina graphics
- Cooperation mode (fight the enemies with your friends)
- Bosses (yes, finally!)
- New game modes
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamelion_Sebastian View Post
More details on upcoming MS2
http://game-lion.com/news/news.php?go=ms2_announcement

- Hand-drawn Full HD 2D Retina graphics
- Cooperation mode (fight the enemies with your friends)
- Bosses (yes, finally!)
- New game modes
Awesome! There will be more weapons with deeper customization, correct?