Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Games With Lots of Achievements/Missions/Goals?

This is more gameplay/mechanics-related, as opposed to genre-specific, but I'm a diehard completitionist and really, really like games that have lots of objectives & achievements - not necessarily RPG-style quests, but those are good too - to complete certain challenges to unlock different things.

Game Center often has these, but it's more fun for me personally when they're part of the gameplay itself.

I'm open to pretty much any genre, what I'm really looking for is something that will take a while to complete/finish/beat. I'd rather have something Universal/iPad only but I'll try anything. Both paid & free are fine; the games I'm looking for tend to be huge time-sinks so I don't mind paying a few bucks for them.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

These games have TONS of objectives that give rewards or achievements... And i do mean TONS.

Temple Run Oz
Jetpack Joyride
Infinite Warrior
TheEndApp
Polara
Ronin
Captain Antarctica

And ones that dont exactly have as much as the ones above, but still a lot of Objectives and missions or even items, equips, classes, skills and other stuff to complete, perfect for a completionist:

EPOCH.
Infinity Blade 2
Final Fantasy 5
Chaos Rings (all of them)
Gene Effect
Momonga Pinball
Repulze
Ridiculous Fishing

I could go on forever, but the ones i've mentioned are great games.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Kingdom Rush also has a ton of achievements which take quite some time to unlock. Best of all, you can see which achievements you need to get.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Thank you both! I grabbed Jetpack Joyride & Captain Antarctica because they were both free and intriguing (always a good combo :P ) and put a couple on my wishlist. I actually have Ridiculous Fishing but haven't played more than the very beginning, I'll have to open it back up.

Kingdom Rush has been on my wishlist for ages, but I've heard that it can get pretty hard. My main experience/enjoyment with tower defense was more "lane" defense (Legendary Wars, Plants vs Zombies) so I'm not entirely sure I'll actually be good at it. :P