App description: HEAVY sword

"HEAVY sword is a good-looking game with plenty of quirky sprites and detailed backgrounds. However its the exploratory nature of the levels and the ability to acquire an unnaturally gigantic sword that steal the show." -148Apps

"Aside from the classic gameplay and tight controls, the game does look gorgeous in its pixel vision, with particle and lighting effects adding a modern edge to the throwback graphics"
-AppSpy
4 out of 5

Game Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm474rtSII0

Inspired by classic platformers of old!
Take control of a young hero by the name of Pike!
Run, jump, dash, chop, bomb, smash your way through Goblin, orcs, ogres, Robot knights, Wizards, lava, falling rocks, man eating plants, and loads of other dangers on your quest to rescue the Princess Lucinda!

HEAVY sword features
loads of exciting levels
awesome power ups:
Bombs, Bows, Throwing daggers, Steam powered armor
and of course the all powerful HEAVYsword!
Game Center Achievements!
Unlockable extras like the Memory match Card Game

Please rate and review HEAVYsword to help us keep making games!

*************Check out Monster Robot's Other Games ************

Mazes and Monsters
BeyondDead
Bridge The Gap I & II
Bridge The Gap: Down With The Ship
Galaxy Cat

Sanuku's comments:

04-10-2013, 05:22 AM
Instabuy.I can't wait to play this.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".

04-10-2013, 05:24 AM
It's out! YES!

04-10-2013, 05:34 AM
So far its looking good with the releases. This is the one i've been really looking forward to, Swordigo/Mario type of game. Hope it lives up to the hype ! Instant purchase
04-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Looks like the best release of the week so far. Will be getting this one for sure.

Twitter: @back2this
04-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Looks pretty good..Sold!!
04-10-2013, 06:30 AM
looks cool
04-10-2013, 07:38 AM
One of 3 of my most anticipated this week. Instabuying of course.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
One of 3 of my most anticipated this week. Instabuying of course.
Whats the other 2? Is DH4 one of them?
04-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Bah. This game has a horrible control issue. You can't just drag your thumb between left and right, you actually have to take your thumb off and press the opposing button.

This doesn't sound so awful when you read it, but you'll realise you do this all the time in other platformers and its incredibly frustrating when it doesn't work here