App description: EDITORS CHOICE! #1 PAID APP!
5/5: "This game blows my mind!"
5/5: "The best part is the absolutely HYSTERICAL narrator!"
5/5: "The puzzles require some real thought and the story is incredibly witty."

The hugely popular Murder Files game is now available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! Who shot the Mayor? As one of the detectives from the infamous Blue Toad Agency you have to eliminate suspects, get witness evidence and solve the puzzles to discover Whodunnit.

STUNNING! A beautifully animated adventure
MASSIVE! Six episodes to complete
FIENDISH! Packed with challenging puzzles
FUNNY! Quintessentially English traditional sense of humour
GAME CENTER! Collect Achievements to show off your sleuthing skills

Download Murder Files now and start solving mysteries!

Note:
*This game is NOT compatible with the iPod touch 4th generation

Sanuku's comments:

04-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Im torn between this and gemini rue..

04-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
I was really looking forward to Gemini Rue so that one i instabuy... But this looks friggin good too. if the general feedback here is good, i'll dive in too.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
I love the disclaimer in their description; it makes me feel like the creators of this who-dun-it are already underestimating out intelligenct.

Quote:
Note:
*A network connection is required to download this game
04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
...are already underestimating out intelligenct.
Haha, ironic.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Any impressions from our overseas friends?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Haha, ironic.
I thought some "humor" might liven up the thread.
04-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Waiting for gameplay video
04-11-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
I've just bought gemini rue... But this one looks great too! I'll wait a bit, checking comments and reviews.

Sorry for my bad english.
04-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Played through the first episode of the game.. The storytelling and graphics are really good. There's a new "puzzle or "riddle" at every plot point. The story revolves around a whodunit murder case.

The game doesn't end with the conclusion of it and there's kind of a cliff-hanger..

At the end your rated on how well you solved the puzzles, If you answered corectly all the questions it asks you during the game and finally if you can figure out who-dun it.

At the beggening you can pick 4 different characters.. I'm not sure but it may be different each time as the storyteller who talks you through the whole game asks if you can do better next time.

Also, I'm assuming there's multiple episodes there, just haven't gotten to them.

It's all linear as far as the playthrough but that doesn't take away any of the charm or appeal of it.

I'd def reccomend it....

*just checked and there are 3 different missions with two more on the way(they're already titled) ,so it is episodic, your getting your money's worth.

You can tell its very preofessional and not some cheap rip off or anything.

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 04-11-2013 at 02:48 AM.
04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I played this on the ps3 a while back and absolutely loved it! Wound up buying all the episodes there, and I still check PS store every so often in case another blue toad game comes out. I haven't bought the iPad version, but I imagine it would translate well to a touch device.