★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame (By Ubisoft)

04-11-2013, 01:24 PM
#1
Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame (By Ubisoft)

Prince of Persia :The Shadow and the Flame is headed to iOS July 25th.

Find me on Twitter

Last edited by killercow; 07-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.
04-11-2013, 01:28 PM
#2
Don't know how to embed, but oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQLYySMMNU

Edit: Nevermind, the video is in the original post. Anyway, looks cool. Hopefully they don't find a way to make this one freemium.

04-11-2013, 02:38 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
Don't know how to embed, but oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQLYySMMNU

Edit: Nevermind, the video is in the original post. Anyway, looks cool. Hopefully they don't find a way to make this one freemium.
"The main difference will be found in the store which provides ways to enhance your experience. You can acquire weapons from the PoP console games, more efficient combos for your fights, health and revive potions for a deeper exploration of the levels. "

http://www.slidetoplay.com/news/prin...ame-announced/

Find me on Twitter
04-11-2013, 02:38 PM
#4
Sweet! I loved the Warrior Within port. Hope this isn't Freemium.
04-11-2013, 02:39 PM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,697
How about two thrones or some of the other PS2 games?
04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
"The main difference will be found in the store which provides ways to enhance your experience. You can acquire weapons from the PoP console games, more efficient combos for your fights, health and revive potions for a deeper exploration of the levels. "

http://www.slidetoplay.com/news/prin...ame-announced/
Who wants to start the "They ruined the game with IAPs" outcry? Anyone? Any takers?


Just kidding, looks like an awesome game. Yet another game to add to my "Want" list
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
#7
I wonder if I'll be able to play in the classic mode. I played this when I was a child, and always got stuck towards the end, especially level 11! It haunts me to this day!
04-11-2013, 07:28 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,667
Now this is what im talking about!!

The latest side-scrolling PoP title (forgot the title) on the PSP was awesome too. Maybe they port it out to mobile?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-12-2013, 01:22 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeyad View Post
I wonder if I'll be able to play in the classic mode. I played this when I was a child, and always got stuck towards the end, especially level 11! It haunts me to this day!
I remember it too as a kid! I haven't finished it either. It was too difficult, especially comparing to the original. I have finished multiple times the original in PC, consoles & amstrad cpc 6128 but not the sequel! It will be like a brand new game for me. :-)
04-12-2013, 02:46 AM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,485
This looks pretty much identical to their Assassins Creed 2 game a few years ago! I wish they would see they could do more with their franchises.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.