Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Banned

Default Eden to Green (Developed by iNiS & published by Zynga)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by sean_mcn; 04-13-2013 at 03:20 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Banned

I want to show Zynga the middle finger for bringing in egregious time-based in-app purchases into the game. On average, you can play 3 games before having to wait for the timer to refill. It refills by one every 10 mins.

We are doomed. Zynga with this, com2Us with GolfStar and Gameloft with DH4 are ruining the world of mobile gaming with not just any IAPs, but TIMER BASED IAPs.

PS: The game itself isn't too shabby. Some top notch animations are present here and all of the robots are very personable.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^You had me at robots. I also a lot of respect for Inis, so even with the timers, i guess i'll suck it up and see how degrading the timers get.

EDIT: Aw.. i hate you for using the term robots.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-13-2013 at 04:33 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Banned

I have spent 5+ hours on the game today and yesterday, so let me dissect the IAP structure of the game for you.

IAPs are used to buy gems. Range is $2.99 - $99.99. Gems get you rare plants for sure or powerups. One such powerup is refilling your timer.

Generally, you can play 3 games before the timer runs out. 30 timer "points" should I say, and this will increase with each lvl up by one. Each game at beginning have 10 timer values, and this increase to 11, 12...

Timer point recover by one when 10 minutes have passed. To recover 30 timer points, is become 300 minutes == 5 hours! Or use the timer refill which cost 20 gems ($2.99 give you 30 gems).

So, that one is the timer problem. But beyond the timer, the game is really BROKEN!

I made it to the fifth stage of World one...and the robots there are so OP. I stand no chance. My alternative is to play the earlier levels to "level up" my plants. And this is no easy task.

So, they give you wait timers (stingy ones at that) and then want you to replay the earlier levels to level up your plants. Wadafak?

The plants that you obtain seem to be random too, and that is not a good thing in a turn-based strategy to have.

Conclusively, the game is stingy with the timer and also the difficulty curve suddenly increases just like most freemium POS out there. Hear hear: I don't want to win a level because I am over-powered, or lose it because I am under-powered. Clearly, the game's balance has been screwed with OTT.

Gtg now. Will post more soon.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_mcn View Post
I have spent 5+ hours on the game today and yesterday, so let me dissect the IAP structure of the game for you.

IAPs are used to buy gems. Range is $2.99 - $99.99. Gems get you rare plants for sure or powerups. One such powerup is refilling your timer.

Generally, you can play 3 games before the timer runs out. 30 timer "points" should I say, and this will increase with each lvl up by one. Each game at beginning have 10 timer values, and this increase to 11, 12...

Timer point recover by one when 10 minutes have passed. To recover 30 timer points, is become 300 minutes == 5 hours! Or use the timer refill which cost 20 gems ($2.99 give you 30 gems).

So, that one is the timer problem. But beyond the timer, the game is really BROKEN!

I made it to the fifth stage of World one...and the robots there are so OP. I stand no chance. My alternative is to play the earlier levels to "level up" my plants. And this is no easy task.

So, they give you wait timers (stingy ones at that) and then want you to replay the earlier levels to level up your plants. Wadafak?

The plants that you obtain seem to be random too, and that is not a good thing in a turn-based strategy to have.

Conclusively, the game is stingy with the timer and also the difficulty curve suddenly increases just like most freemium POS out there. Hear hear: I don't want to win a level because I am over-powered, or lose it because I am under-powered. Clearly, the game's balance has been screwed with OTT.

Gtg now. Will post more soon.
Thank you. I appreciate the post.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Banned

I have played the game some more over the last 2 days. Beyond the disgustable timers, the balance of the game is terrible, so much so I am wondering should I delete the game or wait to see if a future update remedies matters.

You see, I have progressed to the 5th stage world 1 and 4th stage world 3 (these are the day stages and require different plants from the night stages which are world 2 and 4).

In both of these stages, the enemies become way too powerful. There is simply no contest. The enemies get twice as strong offensively and defensively it seems.

I can keep up, but ONLY if I upgrade my plants OR if I purchase gems to get ridiculous power-ups (that can increase attack 2x or range 2x for example for one turn for one plants).

Talking about upgrading plants, this is a painful process. You need to clone them to increase numbers, then evolve them to something stronger. To clone, you need other plants as "feed", and these are basically the repeat plants that you get 99% of the time you go buy a new plant. Cloning the more powerful plants is just too consuming and you will need to replay the first stages infinitely to get the coins to purchase the feed plants to get enough to clone the more powerful plants in your backyard.

As for evolving, you need to have a special card which can only be earned by winning certain stages. So far, where I am, I only earned one such card. And so I have only evolved one plant. The degree of change is minimal too at that.

I REALLY want to love this game, but I really cannot replay the earlier stages time and time again doing the same things just to get coins to purchase plants as feeds to evolve the primary plants in my backyard. And then not to mention I need the special cards to evolve them to the next level.

I see some guys with really high rank in the game (I am ~90 out of a few thousand users), and am wondering if they bought their way up there or not. If not, what am I doing wrong? I am a seasoned gamer and am just defeated by the Over-Poweredness of the Robots in said stages.

iNiS is a widely respected developer, and this game packs the charm, but in its current guise with game-breaking timers AND game-breaking balance, just stay away.

In fact, this is hardly a strategy game. The hallmark of a good TBS to me is that it must have a good balance, and this one's balance is skewed so much towards the robots after the initial couple of stages. Basically, it all comes down to who's more OP now, and that definitely doesn't sound like a good strategy game.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:08 AM

Keeps Crashing on my New iPad (4th Gen).
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Keeps Crashing on my New iPad (4th Gen).
That's weird... It worked fine on mine.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
That's weird... It worked fine on mine.
How is you finding the game?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_mcn View Post
How is you finding the game?
I pretty much agree with everything you said. The game could have been good but the IAP heavy structure and weird gameplay at times bring it down.
Better luck next time Inis