"Dark Quest makes good use of a rather eclectic mix of gameplay ideas"
- 148apps

"We had a blast playing this game who knew wizards could be fun?"
- TouchArcade

"Dark Quest brings the spirit of classic dungeon crawling boardgame"
- HardcoreDroid

"The game offers some solid turn based strategy RPG gameplay"
- Capsule Computers

Dark Quest is a turn based fantasy role playing adventure game where players assume the role of a mighty barbarian on his epic quest to destroy the forces of the evil sorcerer and save the land from evil.

Story

An evil sorcerer has appeared in the lands, he has built a dungeon in the nearby village of faladir, where his minions use it as a base to raid the surrounding villages to bring terror and death to all its citizens. A hero by the name Zantor dares to defy the powers of the sorcerer and seeks to destroy the dungeon and put an end to this.

Features

Enter a world of fantasy and adventure: Explore twisted mazes, find hidden doors and fight bloodthirsty orcs!

Roll the skull of fate and reveal your twisted fate: The evil sorcerer will torment your soul for his own amusement, he will summon you in the sphere of judgment where you will be forced to play a twisted game of death, and can you survive his magic?

Slaughter endless hordes of orcs & undead: Your strength, courage and strategy will be the key into wining every battle.

Trade with the people in the village: Spend the gold you find in your adventures in the village to buy new potions, weapons and spells for your characters.

Control a party of up to 3 characters each with their own unique abilities: Use the unique strengths of each character and work together to defeat the minions of the evil sorcerer.

Characters

The Barbarian: A powerful character who can bring terror and destruction to all his enemies with his destructive force and skill of sword.

The Wizard: This character is very weak in close combat but his highly potent spells are capable of altering the outcome of any battle to your favor. Use his powers wisely and you may stand a chance against the hordes of the evil sorcerer.

The Dwarf: The dungeons are vast and dangerous but with the help of your ally Thorin the Dwarf you have nothing to fear. His quick feet and eye for danger will save you against numerous traps and grave danger!

Vovin's comments:

Hey... just a buck ($2.99 for iPad) and no IAP according to iTunes, gonna download it now!

iPad version, not universal:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=592072574&mt=8
04-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post

Hey... just a buck ($2.99 for iPad) and no IAP according to iTunes, gonna download it now!

iPad version, not universal:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=592072574&mt=8
Leave impressions, Vovin...just saw this in "newest game releases". Looks a bit like "Companions" by Smuttleworks but I'm sure the similarities are only cosmetic.

04-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Don't like seeing 3 stars in the corner...not an element I expect to find in a strategy game.
04-16-2013, 05:37 AM
Now that I think about it, it looks more like Hero Mages.
04-16-2013, 05:46 AM
Hm, call me interested.

Do we control a party, or only take the single guy through the dungeons? How's the gameplay?

If it's anything like a turn-based board game, with dice-rolling and such, I'm buying this when I get home.

Curious about impressions!

[EDIT] Actually, just found a video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by pjft; 04-16-2013 at 05:55 AM.
04-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Judging from screenshot 1, it looks inspired by the Heroquest board game from Milton Bradley. I'll buy it later today, I think...
04-16-2013, 06:09 AM
I just bought it on Android, since it's the phone I have around, and perhaps I'll double dip on the iPad version when I get home if it's fun.

Lots of Dungeon-y-Questy-like games coming out now - they do know how to get me to spend money... And here I am waiting for Warhammer Quest!

Let me know about impressions whenever you have the chance to play it.
04-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
I just bought it on Android, since it's the phone I have around, and perhaps I'll double dip on the iPad version when I get home if it's fun.

Lots of Dungeon-y-Questy-like games coming out now - they do know how to get me to spend money... And here I am waiting for Warhammer Quest!

Because, mate.

Firing it up now, right after I took my original, honemade Ciabatta out of the oven.

First impressions are good, nice board-game / dungeon crawler hybrid like Hero Quest or the first Warhammer Quest. Very atmospheric sounds, crisp graphics.
It's close to Mighty Dungeons, just without seperate battle screens.
You accept missions and have to get them done in a specific number of turns, otherwise you're dead as as the Python parrot.
You collect money on your way and battle foes. Nice: random events come up every bunch of turns.
You also meet other AI-controlled characters along the way which follow and help / support you at battle. They auto-follow you, but you canaslso give them commands.
Between missions, the usual town-/character management stuff.
There are also dialogues while playing a mission, cool thing.
There's also some polish.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-16-2013 at 06:45 AM.
04-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Looks pretty cool but the way price drops have been happening this past couple of weeks I'll wait until the weekend and the ipad version will be 69p
04-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Hypothetically how does one roll a "skull of fate" in a way that would produce a meaningful result? Too bad there's no animation with that.