Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Mirror Mixup by Clockwork Pixels [Universal]

Hello,

Mirror Mixup is now available on the App Store. It's a fairly tricky picture puzzle game, but once your brain figures out what it's looking at the game starts to make sense : )

A 'Lite' edition is available for free (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mirror-mixup-lite/id627884321?ls=1&mt=8) and the full version features 100's of levels set over three game modes.

Currently the full version is half price (going up to $1.99 next Monday), and I'm about to give away some promo codes in the usual place (I'll update this sentence as things change).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks for looking, hope you like the game : )
George
Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 AM

I think I will have a go at the lite version to check out the mechanic. Looks like my type of game! I highly doubt I will be around for the promos though - never am. More when I give it a whirl.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

LOVE the mechanic used on this one! A real nice twist on the "turn the piece to fit" mechanic! Gives the game a really fresh look and feel.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM

just downloading it.will post impression later
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 AM

Download and have played. First thanks to George for making the app. It does have quite a few levels and even an expert reward for each "puzzle" or mirror done. Definitely worth it if you are a logic app person or puzzle app person as well. Definitely will keep you entertain for a while.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:40 PM

Thanks for a really neat puzzle game. I am really enjoying this, and it is a relaxing puzzle in the sense that you are not timed, and you can use more moves than the "expert" rating calls for... though the challenge is really to solve it in the few "expert" moves.

The small picture to guide is very helpful, though some of the artwork / harder puzzles are difficult even with it! Wrapping your head around which sections to flip really makes this interesting.

There are a lot of levels in the Mixup Mode, with an additional Random Play option and Impossible Mode. Impossible mode is interesting because the puzzles are harder, but there is no move limit - one suggestion might be to put a # moves used (perhaps a small number next to the checkmark or some other means) on that mode so folks can try to better their score.

The graphics and presentation are really well done. Overall a solid logic puzzle game!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:32 PM

after i played a few days.
I just want to say this game is so creative.A little hard for me.I need more practise.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM

The game is very unique for sure. The mechanic of swapping tiles -- around, not sliding is a great twist. There are multiple settings that you can use to make the puzzles easier or harder. There is even an expert goal to go towards for a challenge. What is great is it is very forgiving. As you get a piece in the right position it sort of snaps in place giving you a well deserved hint what to do next. Once you get the mechanics (swapping back and forth) you will really start to love it. AND there are TONS AND TONS of levels!

There is a lite so go ahead and try it out!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive comments ... I've gone ahead and added some quotes to the app description, much appreciated : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
As you get a piece in the right position it sort of snaps in place giving you a well deserved hint what to do next.
That mechanic saved the game, I was about to scrap it for being way too hard but those black lines suddenly helped my brain figure out what belonged with what!

Thanks again : )
George