Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Kingturn RPG Plus (by Mangobile) - SRPG

The developer, Niebau on Touch Arcade, confirmed that Kingturn Plus will be coming to iOS followed by Kingturn Underworld. Kingturn Plus is a "sequel" to Kingturn and a "remake" of Sword & Earrings (Sw&Ear).
Source: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Play description
Kingturn RPG Plus is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG which takes both wits and patience to be mastered.
Kingturn RPG Plus is based on the same game concept and technology as Kingturn RPG, but offers an entirely different campaign and a few new character classes.
The campaign is and extended remake of our first game title 'Sw&Ear - Tales of Andaria'.

The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

Kingturn RPG Plus is a shareware game where the first 8 scenarios are free to try and the remaining 57 scenarios can be unlocked via a one-time in-app purchase.

Thanks to its zooming functionality the game is perfectly suited for both tablets (HD) and phones.

Tutorial
-----------
If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RRpli7agW4E

Story
---------
The Kingdom of Andaria is at peace since many years thanks to the moderate and thoughtful rule of King Constantin. Even peasants start participating in the country's growing prosperity as a result of the 'King's Verdict'; - a royal law that grants a small share of wealth to the common folks, too.

The story starts with the mysterious murder of King Constantin resulting in a full-scale civil war raging all over the formerly peaceful country of Andaria.

While noble families accuse each other of being responsible for the King's assassination, the fight over the succession to the crown and throne begins ...

Category
--------------
Offline Strategy RPG
Freemium game

Game play
---------------
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 65 scenarios

- 34 character classes like Knight, Ranger, Amazon, Archer, Mage, Paladin, Assassin, Warrior, Wolf Rider, Priest, Witch, Necromancer, Vampire, Skeleton, Vampire Bat ...

- 62 character skills like 'Heal', 'Stealth Strike', 'Lightning Bolt', 'War Cry', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Summon', 'Beast Shot', 'Encourage', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-19-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks undeadcow! I hope this is released with the same pricing model as Kingturn - $4.99 for the full game.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestor View Post
Thanks undeadcow! I hope this is released with the same pricing model as Kingturn - $4.99 for the full game.
I can't speak for the developer but all the Kingturn games are $4.89 on Google Play so I anticipate a $4.99 price on iOS; their previous iOS games were all around this point. Kingturn RPG Plus uses a shareware model on Google Play with a free download then IAP unlock.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Very excited for getting the whole series updated and on iOS. So many hours of deep gameplay await...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I can't speak for the developer but all the Kingturn games are $4.89 on Google Play so I anticipate a $4.99 price on iOS; their previous iOS games were all around this point. Kingturn RPG Plus uses a shareware model on Google Play with a free download then IAP unlock.
Great! That explains the "freemium" description above then. I got scared for a second! I guess I don't consider a one-time unlock-all IAP game to be freemium. :P
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Great! That explains the "freemium" description above then. I got scared for a second! I guess I don't consider a one-time unlock-all IAP game to be freemium. :P
I agree, "shareware" definitely seems a more appropriate and user friendly term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexlerRanger View Post
Very excited for getting the whole series updated and on iOS. So many hours of deep gameplay await...
+1; I'm also curious what changes occured with the remake. Apparently the developer added new levels focusing on the grimlock shaman, UtaKah, and it appears that Damios is now a mustached character with dual swords (instead of a shield).

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-18-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Most likely it will be only 3.99$ for iOS.
Kingturn Plus is our only IAP version on Google Play, and we have a kind of long-time discount for Kingturn Plus at 3.99$.
As mentioned earlier, we want to offer the same prices for iOS and Android (as far as this is possible with Apple's tier system).

Kingturn Plus has no Prologue campaign, so unlocking the full version works slightly different compared to Kingturn (main).
The first 8 scenarios of the main campaign are free to play, and all remaining scenarios can be unlocked with a one-time inapp-purchase.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM

Very, very good news! Kingturn has been my favorite game this year. Can't wait to see some more SRPG goodness coming down the pipe
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
That's a good point. With all these virtual goods models out there, we shouldn't use the term freemium any longer.

Anyway, no worries. We will certainly not jump on the 'money-for-coins' wagon.
We will sell your personal data instead.
Just kidding .
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
That's a good point. With all these virtual goods models out there, we shouldn't use the term freemium any longer.

Anyway, no worries. We will certainly not jump on the 'money-for-coins' wagon.
We will sell your personal data instead.
Just kidding .
You guys have plenty of honour - I'd trust you with my g/f and my personal data ! Lol.

Awesome thread Undeadcow my man. I shall dwell here often until the game is ready !