Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM

Default Crabitron by Two Lives Left

They are running a "reverse kickstarter" at http://www.crabstarter.com .. ha!

Last edited by cplr; 04-18-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for posting this @cplr.

Our Crabstarter campaign is meant to be a slightly humorous take on Kickstarter, so I hope you enjoy it. The data displayed there is real though. It gets updated daily, automatically from iTunes reports.

I've embedded the full trailer below in case you want to see the game in action:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Also embedded our Crabstarter video:

You can find more info at http://www.crabitron.com

Simeon

Last edited by TwoLivesLeft; 04-22-2013 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: Added Crabstarter video
Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Amusing idea in theory, a bit of an albatross around your necks in practice (should you stick to the plan.)

Still, would have seriously considered picking this up if not for the coin doubler/tripler. (No, I don't want to hear this justified, nor to be told how the game is "balanced" without it, thank you.)
Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

@Gabrien that's cool. Thank you for taking a look anyway.

Edit: And to anyone who does want to hear it justified (@Gabrien I've spoilered this for you so you won't see it ):

•••Spoiler:  In our previous app, we've been asked by people to include In-App-Purchases (or donation buttons) so they can optionally support us further. This is exactly that. We didn't want consumable items, but we did want to give a little bit of a bonus to anyone who supported us. This is exactly the sort of thing we like to purchase in other peoples' games, so we added it to ours.

Last edited by TwoLivesLeft; 04-18-2013 at 11:11 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM
TouchArcade Writer
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoLivesLeft View Post
@Gabrien that's cool. Thank you for taking a look anyway.
I'm actually really digging the "reverse" kickstarter. It's a clever and transparent "post-release" support mechanism.

Sure, it may just be a promise from you guys to spend your earnings in a certain way, but it's also a testament to the quality of your work in the first place that you guys, as developers, are backing your product and saying, "we think you're going to love it enough to want to see it succeed. Oh and, here's an incentive."

And that's no marketing pitch, because we can see for ourselves if the proof is in the pudding.

And this pudding is tasty and has already consumed my lunchbreak! I love being a giant adorable spacecrab with gangly arms and crushing chelae!

On the subject of DLC, I for one, don't mind coin doublers and the like. I must think akin to you guys, because it's the only type of DLC that I ever buy, stuff that is permanent and will always pay dividends. And I like that I get a further way to support the cause too, which may translate to more rewards for me. Yipee!

Edit:

What the hell, this is AWESOME!

I just found myself in an imprompty game of Arkanoid with my crab of doom!
There's definitely a lot more going under the hood here than what appears at first glance.

Last edited by Windburn; 04-18-2013 at 11:46 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Looks really cool. I am finding a lot of people really like coin doublers, it allows them to still earn their rewards but at a quicker pace.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

@Windburn thank you for your incredibly uplifting comments! And we are really delighted that you're enjoying our game.

@BazookaTime thank you for checking it out. We like getting coin doublers in other games, which is why we included them here.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

@Sanuku that's fantastic. Thank you for sharing your replay. It's really interesting to watch someone learn to play; also the Crab looks kind of like a big clumsy puppet when you see a replay without someone's hands controlling him.

We've just released version 1.0.2 of Crabitron, which includes Everyplay video replays (although without support for sound recording, which should be coming soon). So it will be easy to grab quick replays from the pause menu in-game now.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Fantastic work guys. I live the controls, the diversity (The arkanoid minigame is awesome). I just find the presence of a coin doubler and tripler a bit weird at that price... But at least the game itself is rock solid.