App description: No ads, no IAP, just pure puzzle pleasure.

Fall in love with FLORIS, a beautiful SPIN on the classic falling block puzzle game.

Florus petals fall from a virtual universe, pulled harmoniously toward Floris' circular center point. Placement is key to mastering the magical Bloom when either five like petals are stacked, or a ring of twelve completes a full Floris Blossom.

Intuitive controls allow for a beautifully hypnotic experience as you adjust groups of falling petals and rotate your board in delightful anticipation of a Bloom or Blossom. As you become a Florii arrangement architect many game modes are available and ripe for the picking.

--Timed - Play for 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, or infinite

--By Song - Play through the duration of any one of 5 breath-taking original scores from the Floris soundtrack

--One Ring - Play for the highest score and end with your first Blossom/Floret

--100 - A finite number of petals fall the to Florii center

--Petal Palette - Add more colors; increase difficulty

Engage with Floris and discover the true intensity of motivated repose. Boding five original tracks, composed exclusively to elevate strategic stimulation, this is one of the most immersive audio-visual gaming experiences available on the app market right now.

GAME FEATURES:

Game Center
Global Leaderboards
HD Graphics
HD Sound
Endless REPLAYS
5 Original Music Tracks
Multiple Game Modes
100% Indie Game
Invert Control

Tetrimino evolved.

Follow:
https://www.facebook.com/Floris.OxAndCoon
Twitter - http://twitter.com/andrewbbowers
Blog - http://www.OxAndCoon.com

grillaface's comments:
Hey everyone I'm proud to announce the release of my first game, Floris!

FLORIS features:

NO ADS
NO IAP
Multiple Game Modes
Five Incredible BGM Tracks

and it's fun as $%&#$&

As a lifelong gamer it's always been my dream to make games. Thanks to the incredible iOS platform and beauty of the App Store it finally seemed possible for me to achieve this goal.. I taught myself programming and built this myself in cocos2d. One of my best friends (a genius musician) wrote five incredible BGM tracks as Floris' score.

Floris is a direct descendent of Tetris and Dr. Mario, but with the totally new mechanic of a rotating board... I'm a lifelong Tetris fan but found myself seldom playing on iOS - something didn't feel right about the controls.

So I designed this specifically with touch interface in mind and am very proud of how it turned out.

Floris is all about building "rings" that wrap a color all around the board. This spiraling structure lends itself to some really interesting strategy that I myself am yet to master - it's very unique and deep.

Theres a really neat (IMO) story behind the name here:
http://oxandcoon.com/blog/2013/4/14/floris-etymology

Here are a few gameplay snippets each featuring a different one of Floris' background tracks:

Blue

Orange

Green

Pink

Yellow

Thank you for reading and please let me know if you've any questions!
04-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Any plans for Game Center support?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

04-19-2013, 09:06 PM
This game looks very cool. Waiting for more impressions...
04-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Any plans for Game Center support?
Wondering this as well...
04-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Wondering this as well...
Absolutely. Game Center support -- ETA 2 weeks -- Update is on the way.

Making sure the scoring is fair before making the leaderboards live -- Better believe; Update is on the way.

Thanks for checking it out and for sure let me know if you're curious about anything else.

Andrew Bowers (grillaface)
04-20-2013, 07:30 AM
I have only played for a few minutes, but the game is quite beautiful including interesting graphics and a set of fantastic music. The controls are simple and the game play is quite interesting. I think this game could be really well received. Game Center is essential. I will post further impressions later.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillaface View Post

Making sure the scoring is fair before making the leaderboards live -- Better believe; Update is on the way.

Thanks for checking it out and for sure let me know if you're curious about anything else.

Right on, thanks so much!

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
04-20-2013, 07:41 AM
This is fun. I found a couple of things unintuitive. There's no explanation of the controls. The rotate buttons are fairly self explanatory, but the ones for rearranging the falling color orbs are less so. I also get surprised when an orb doesn't fall all the way down and leaves a gap below it. I suppose the falling orbs are all linked, but perhaps some sort of visible link, like a thin line between them, should be displayed.
04-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillaface View Post

Hi Andrew!
I'm downloading your game but i hadn't understand, from the videos, how much controls are necessary to play. I mean, rotation is evident, but the central button is for let the orbs coming down, right? And how can I arrange the orbs themselves? Thx for explaining me!
04-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capronissimo71 View Post
Hi Andrew!
I'm downloading your game but i hadn't understand, from the videos, how much controls are necessary to play. I mean, rotation is evident, but the central button is for let the orbs coming down, right? And how can I arrange the orbs themselves? Thx for explaining me!
The 2 large buttons rotate the wheel. The 2 small buttons rotate the falling orbs. You have to keep in mind, every time orbs fall, treat it like a square group of four, even if there are only two or three, the non-orbs in the quad also take up space. Two orbs side by side, for instance, can fall all the way down or land with a space below them depending on how they're oriented. This is pretty confusing when you start out but allows for additional strategy.