Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Hope: The other side of adventure (Universal)

Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

now, i'm curious enough and can't wait to see tomorrow what's actually happen in that game....
Attached Images
File Type: png photo (1).PNG (612.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow the concept is just genius! I love the idea and for free it seems like a cool experiment. You can only see games like this on the appstore
Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

only 2 screenshots? O_o
Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Wow the concept is just genius! I love the idea and for free it seems like a cool experiment. You can only see games like this on the appstore
Yep. Simply genius idea. This might not move a bunch of units but the premise is so intelligent
Old 04-19-2013, 05:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Brilliant premise... It also opens up to other devs on different concepts, and even makes me think of possibilities this concept can create.

Will there be a guard trying to befriend you when you choose to consistently cry?
Will there be dialogues with the evil queen who imprisoned you and will there be choices if you want to exchange slaps on the face for drama?
Will you be given choices to cry or stay strong when you captor shows you that your prince has been lost in a dark forest while looking for you?
Will you be able to choose to ignore the food being slipped theough the small whole in your door?
Will you be able to talk to birds and mice in you chamber, in which they can provide some help in your rescue?
Will you be able to sing a song of your choice of lyrics that can influence the flow of the game?

All these questions that come to my mind boils down to WHAT IF?

Again, brilliant concept, and one that has so much potential to play around with for devs and writers alike.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Add me to the intrigued crowd. I have a feeling this will either be brilliantly executed or fall flat on its face...with high-concept games, it's usually one or the other.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Add me to the intrigued crowd. I have a feeling this will either be brilliantly executed or fall flat on its face...with high-concept games, it's usually one or the other.
Not that it's any use to the devs if they are chasing sales but I think that even if this falls flat on its face the perspective could pick up some cultural cred.

With this, Year Walk and alot of 2013 to go ios gaming is looking a little more cleverer than pervious years
Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
Not that it's any use to the devs if they are chasing sales but I think that even if this falls flat on its face the perspective could pick up some cultural cred.

With this, Year Walk and alot of 2013 to go ios gaming is looking a little more cleverer than pervious years
Yeah, it feels like the real diamonds in the rough are either on ios, the console "network" shops (like Journey...still need to pick that up), or are found in the dark corners of the internet...though they usually sell Steam keys or can be purchased from sites like Great Old Games.

I've been playing games all my life, beginning with the original home Pong console, Atari 2400, and a Radioshack TRS-80. It feels like a large group of longtime gamers are abandoning the big publishers in favor of indie games...to a degree not seen since the big publishers WERE essentially indie devs themselves...back when you bought computer games in zip-lock bags; back when Electronic Arts actually recruited programmers and designers IN THEIR PACKAGING. Back when Electonic Arts went by a different name, Electronic Artists...and the sad thing is that they were, and they put out some of the most innovative games ever seen...games in which you could gamble on cockroach races (The Standing Stones, iirc)!

I followed indie development on the PC from the mid 90's on, until recently most projects never seemed to get past the development stage. I would check a project out 2 years after I first stumbled upon it, and it would either have been abandoned or remain in the incomplete stage I had first seen it in. Now, I can't even keep up with all the quality indie releases...I only recently heard of FTL, which I'monly holding out buying because it may be ported to ios.

When it comes to the current state of gaming, you could quote A Tale of Two Cities..."it was the best of times, it was the worst of times".

Last edited by Greyskull; 04-19-2013 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Awesome history mate. Bigger than mine. I missed the Atari days but not by much. It's almost bizarre thinking about companies like EA being down in the mud with the rest of us.

Lots of old school in here. Cool to think we were there at some if the cutting stuff at the start and still around for the fresh ideas years later.

Possibly grasping to the concept of still being relevant but screw it. It's all we've got