Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-21-2013, 12:21 AM

Default Elysium-TCG

Old 04-21-2013, 12:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Created this thread to alet the rabid TCG/CCG fans of a new release. Strangely there is no ipad or universal version though.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:27 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Actually it seems to scale 2x in high resolution. No problems on an ipad.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 AM
iPhone 4

Sheesh that was quick. Only today was an upcoming thread made saying "soon to be released". Lol if only that's what happened when every dev said that.
Gonna grab it and give it a go.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

ugh...unskippable movie advert, couldn't discard a card for the life of me (had to sacrific one because I was low on resources...), in other words, crap.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Why iOS 6 only?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 AM
iPhone 4

Hmm....gave this a go..
While its not a shocker, I'm not sure if I'm compelled enough to come back to it.
The game took quite a while particularly even after I established a dominant full board of creatures (like 5), and the AI could only get out one creature each turn at that point. Meaning I'd just kill off whatever it put out, and then do a bit more damage to the AI each turn. I spose that's what happens in creature decks.
There's just a few things that stack up to make it not quite right.

No sound effects? I didn't hear any.
Only music...it's a bit boring.
Can only have 1 deck at a time it seems in the deck builder.
Could not fully understand the mana system. I'm sure it makes sense somehow but I didn't completely get it...almost.
Mana system can get you or AI into a fair bit of mana screw.
Sometimes when u click on a card, but then don't want to attack with it, there's basically no clear way to cancel. I'd click around the screen for ages until the card was deselected. Happened quite a bit. Pretty much like there's no cancel option.
After the AI turn, it takes too long to cycle back to your turn
When the AI plays things like traps and they resolve, the pop up on screen but are gone within like 1 second, so can't read the effect it had.
Doesn't seem like you can click and have a look through the graveyard (to check what that trap just did).
All up clicking just seems cumbersome and I felt doubtful whether each click would bring about the result I intended.

Otherwise, there is a decent game hiding behind all this. I need more time with it. It needs more polish. NFI if there's any symmetry between cards, I haven't played enough to know that. There's an ok game in here somewhere.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:49 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Dev

Hi guys

Thank you for the feedback. I had created the "soon to be released" thread as soon as I thought it wouldn't be reviewed over the weekend but then a few seconds after I posted they started reviewing :s.

A lot of work has gone into this game and we have just put an update forward to remove the loading screen advert because by the looks of it, it is causing issues.

Another change in the update will be the spells. You will no longer be able to buy them they will be given for free one per game. It has been noted that the purchasing of these spells give the game a "pay to win" style gameplay which annoys the people that want to work for their victory. The update after next will require you to click the card after it has been shown to you so you have time to read it.

With the resources what happens is that you have factory cards which you put into the magic slot which will give you another factory making you resources per turn. this is shown in the top 5 resource circles as income.

Any ideas you may have to make this game more enjoyable for yourselves would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jaybee2002; 04-24-2013 at 06:13 AM..
Old 04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
iPhone 4

So what's with cards showing two "requirements" for resources then? Such as mendota has a 10 in the top right and a 4 in the middle right, both next to a resource symbol.
What does that mean?
Because when I play this card, pretty sure those TWO areas on the left where resources are displayed, decrease by 4 for the top and 10 for the lower ones. I was thinking the top one is the amount that your mana will increase each turn....so why does it also decrease when I play a card? It's like there is two mana systems running at the same time. Those top manas although they are the amount your main mana will increase each turn, are also used during casting of cards!? What the!? Maybe I've just gotta grasp that concept a little more.

I 'may' only be asking this because I think I was originally offered, upon opening the app for the first time, a choice to play the tutorial. I clicked yes, but nothing happened. And now at the main menu, there is no option to play the tutorial again...

Last edited by Talbs; 04-27-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Old 04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
iPhone 4

Also, I'm still getting frequent points where I will select a card, but can't do anything, but then can't in select it to move on to something else. So I'll click around heaps until it deselects. Even then, like just now I'm having the same issue, I still can't select anything yet. Gotta do more random clicking until the game lets me move on.

Even the in game menu is difficult for hitting the exact area for selecting something. Like the "continue" word is just a word, but no real button. Pretty sure the scripted button is behind that continue somewhere and smaller then it, so u gotta click around to find it.

This is making it all pretty frustrating. Just trying to help.

And I just accidentally used my "greed spells" not knowing what the heck those little symbols over on the right were. No confirmation for using them like "are you sure" and click yes. How was I, a new player, meant to know what those do. Let alone the rest of those little symbols. And who's going to remember which one is which!? (4 little symbols on the right, with very forgettable tiny little images........I still haven't been able to select another card after much clicking around...I appear to be all locked up.

Last edited by Talbs; 04-27-2013 at 09:57 PM..