★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Starship Battles [Universal] from Empty Flask Games - spring 2013

04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Starship Battles [Universal] from Empty Flask Games - spring 2013

Hello everyone !

I am proud to announce the upcoming release of Empty Flask new game: Starship Battles.

The game is set to release in the next month (mid to end May hopefully). In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer these.

Here is the Teaser Trailer.

Starship Battles is a fast paced arcade space shooter where the player takes control of a large Warship to repel waves of increasingly difficulty alien's ships.

The game is presented with a top-down camera and features high resolution retina graphics.

Gameplay is fairly simple, tap to fire and tap and hold to move the camera and explore the reaches of space.

Main goal is to survive as long as possible by destroying incoming enemies while managing shield energy level.

3 levels of difficulty are proposed, with their associated gamecenter leaderboard.

At launch, the game will feature 4 different Warships, from the basic and lightly armed Frigate, to the formidable and heavily armored Battleship.

Different Ships and war paint can purchased using a mineral currency that is harvested (tap to collect) from the destroyed Alien Capital ships.

Each week, I will release a render from both the player's warship and an Alien Capital ship.

This week will introduce the Independence Frigate, the first available ship and the Ka-Li San enemy Battle-Cruiser.

Enjoy !!

Last edited by EFGames; 04-25-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Trailer Added
04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
*jaw drops* Gorgeous! That Battle Cruiser looks spectacular. Can't wait to see this in motion.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Woh... Looks good. Cant wait to play it...

Curious though, is it somewhat similar in concept to Eve of Impact?

Nonetheless, from the developers of Infinite Warrior... Expect greatness and unbelievable dev support!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Curious though, is it somewhat similar in concept to Eve of Impact?
Very similar gameplay indeed, but a lot faster pace.

And thanks for the good words already both you and Metal !
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Looks a bit like Armada, which was an awesome and totally under-appreciated game. Looking forward to this!

Lead Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
Download Saturday Morning RPG for FREE!

Saturday Morning RPG Deluxe - unlock all current and future episodes for only $5.99

Breach & Clear - On sale for $1.99
04-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Teaser Trailer added!

First post updated with trailer !
04-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Woah! Looks like Eve of Impact on crack!

Definitely instabuy!

EFGames, i PM'd you something.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Hello everyone !!

This week, we'll introduce the Federation Cruiser, Codename Javelyn, and the Alien Frigate, Ka-Trasin.

The Cruiser is the second best ship, powerful missiles that will take down Capital Ships a lot quicker.
It also comes loaded with 3 Blast Nukes, that will destroy everything within close range.

The Ka-Trasin Frigate launchs Drone fighters that are quite fast and deadly. When a frigate warps in, better take it down quickly!!

Enjoy:

04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Lately have been playing Eve of Impact in anticipation of this. I think this game's going to be real good, basing on the EFGames' track record.

05-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Here is the weekly update introducing the Federation Destroyer and Alien's Corvette.

Last week was spent tuning and tweaking various elements and the game should be submitted very soon to Apple for a release this month, aiming for mid-May.

Also added a new ship, which takes the total of ships available at launch to 5. The amount of ships from the Aliens fleet has more than twice this number.

Without further ado:

Enjoy !