Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-24-2013, 04:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Number Tap 2 - Practice Sums & Algebra with my latest game

Let me know if you have any questions about the game, its development, any bugs or feedback you have

There is a lite version with 2 game modes, or a pro version with 4 game modes.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Congrats on the release!
I have a question: is there a reason why there is no restart button in the game (I missed this in the original Number Tap as well)? When I make a few mistakes I often just want to restart the game instead of waiting for a game over.

Also, there is a spelling error in the first screenshot that you probably want to change (multiply is spelled wrong).

Last edited by lena; 04-24-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Damnit, silly spelling fail

I was thinking of adding a pause option. I didnt want people to cheat though by pausing to freeze the timer and look up the answers. I'll have an experiment and see what I can do

Thanks for the feedback. As a thank you I'll PM you a promo code for the full version tomorrow
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyDeano View Post
I was thinking of adding a pause option. I didnt want people to cheat though by pausing to freeze the timer and look up the answers. I'll have an experiment and see what I can do
I actually thought about a pause option too, since the levels can get quite long and a pause button would be nice, but I agree that it would be too easy to cheat (even when not looking up the answer, just having a bit of extra time to calculate say 414/18 would definitely help) so that would be unfair. If you wanted to add a pause option perhaps you could make it so that after continuing you get a different exercise of the same difficulty (but not lose your multiplier)?

But you don't need a pause option to have a retry or quit button! Just put one in the top of a corner. Since the keypad is at the bottom you don't have to worry about accidental presses on that button.

Now that I think about it, you can already pause the game by double tapping the home button, so the cheat option is already there Perhaps you could do something about that?

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. As a thank you I'll PM you a promo code for the full version tomorrow
Hey thanks! That's very kind!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Yeah, the game pauses when you open notification center, multitasking or exit the app. I could set it to generate new numbers when the app resumes from a paused state, that wouldn't be too hard.

Also, a retry button in one of the top corners wont be a problem. I'll get working on it tonight. I think the game center leader-boards are broken at the moment, so I'll try and get an expedited review for that, if not, it'll be about a week.