★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A two-player game on a single device!
It's like tug of war ... but with a table!

"STUPID FUN"
4/5 - 148Apps.com

FEATURES

Super simple fun for 2 players!
Easy to learn one-button controls
Crazy ragdoll physics
Lots of random modes
Retina graphics
iPhone 5 support
Record and share replays (iPhone 4S or later required)
No In-App Purchases

The rules of Tug the Table are really simple:
Drag the opponent to your side to score! First to five, wins!

Watch IGN play Tug the Table!
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/25/tug-the-table-is-the-dumbest-awesome-game-youll-play-today

oivoi's comments:

Tug the Table is a same-device two-player game that combines the rules of tug-of-war with the mechanics of Wrestle Jump.

The game offers simple and stupid fun for two players. All feedback is welcome as I'm planning to bring updates to the game
04-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Similar to wrestle jump, this is another fun same device multiplayer game.
Any plans for Game Center achievements/leader boards? That's what kept me playing wrestle jump in single player.

04-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Similar to wrestle jump, this is another fun same device multiplayer game.
Any plans for Game Center achievements/leader boards? That's what kept me playing wrestle jump in single player.
I'm planning to update the game based on the feedback The game is best when played with a friend so that's where the game's focus is. But I'm thinking about adding an optionable, harder AI opponent and maybe some Game Center achievements in the first update. And more of those random modes!

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
04-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Love it! My son and I enjoyed duking it out on Wrestle Jump. Buying now!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
04-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Bought it and love it. The core mechanic you have going on in both games is a lot of fun. I love that you can continue to jump around after you win, good stuff.
04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
This is awesome, and a perfect companion to Wrestle Jump.
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Here's an idea, how about instead of a rigid table use a rope (with its own physics) so it's like tug of war? I can imagine a rope instead of the table would give us some entertaining matches.
04-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Seeing Gabe's comment has me convinced. He thought the physics in Wrestle Jump were spot-on, so this should be just as good.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks, all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Here's an idea, how about instead of a rigid table use a rope (with its own physics) so it's like tug of war? I can imagine a rope instead of the table would give us some entertaining matches.
Oh yes! New table types is something I'm planning to add, too. A rope or a table that's elastic might be fun

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
ROFL! This game is super LOL! In a positive sense! Only the music didn't fit into the game somehow as far as I can say that from the video.
It isn't nasty, it is something which you expect in an elevator. Should be more bonkers, hilarious , it should heat the fight up, not make the opponents getting calm

Last edited by Cromwell; 04-24-2013 at 04:52 PM.