★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games That Take Up Large Portions of Life

04-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Games That Take Up Large Portions of Life

Right now the top game is Mission Europa followed by Chinatown Wars. Super Hexagon has taken up a good bit too but not in the same way.

How dynamic is the progression in Dungeon Hunter 2? The Quest?
04-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Minecraft!

I liked the progression in Dungeon Hunter 2, and the Quest scales well, but sometimes I get tired of playing such powerful characters and enjoy 'starting over' with some of the 0-level expansions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

04-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Order & Chaos Online. Gameloft's best game IMO and a massive time sink.
04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Does Order AND Chaos run well on the iphone 4 / feature an overbearing amount of iap? I was a big fan of WoW pre burning crusade and really haven't played an mmo since then

There isn't a free "The Quest" anymore other than a high level expansion but I'd really like to try it. Dungeon Hunter 2 also appears to be the most true dungeon crawler.
04-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Does Order AND Chaos run well on the iphone 4 / feature an overbearing amount of iap? I was a big fan of WoW pre burning crusade and really haven't played an mmo since then

There isn't a free "The Quest" anymore other than a high level expansion but I'd really like to try it. Dungeon Hunter 2 also appears to be the most true dungeon crawler.
Should run fine, it was released in summer 2011. The IAP is for gold (not needed at all, just sell crafting supplies at the auctionhouse) and runes, which are for extra stuff and basically cheats. The best gear can only be crafted, though. IMO it's pretty well balanced with the IAP. Worth my $7 many times over, plus no subscriptions!
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
If I buy it I'll feel so guilty clearing out my very limited space... been considering it for a while now, though
04-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
If I buy it I'll feel so guilty clearing out my very limited space... been considering it for a while now, though
It's worth it...trust me. If you don't enjoy it then don't listen to me at all in the forums from now on
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Monster Hunter games, and League of Legends. Temple Run titles too but to a lesser degree. I never payed for consumable IAPs on TR games, only doublers, so each one's a time sink for me now that ive almost completed everything in TR2 and TROz, while having completed everything in TR1 and TRBrave.
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Word of caution about Order & Chaos - the servers are currently down, have been since yesterday. I will be incredibly pissed if I lose any of my stuff, especially since I just caught a super rare epic mount.
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
You should be able to download the free The Quest expansion and play around to get a feel for it. If you have an iOS device and like RPGs even a little The Quest is essential.

If your questions is about deep games with rich content that will be satisfying for some time also consider Kingturn, a SRPG that's free to download/try with one time $4.99 unlock.