Support our Sponsors:

Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM

Default Good zombie games?

Looking for a good zombie game that's not just another mindless twin stick shooter. I really liked Rebuild, but the game was too repetitive to make it past a single play through. I've played some "infection" based games which were fun, the most prominent one that comes to mind was Infectonator.

EDIT: Oh! And that Oregon Trail zombieacopalypse one too, of course.

Anyways, any suggestions?

Last edited by Piph; 04-25-2013 at 12:59 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 AM

NY Zombie. There is a sequel, but I preferred the original.

The Telltale walking dead is a great one too, but not a shooting game though.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:50 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

NY Zombies 1 and 2. The first one had a more arcade-y feel, and the second one was more free form. I personally had more fun with the first, but put more hours into the second, if that makes sense.

Zombieville USA 2. Very fun, great co-op, tons of perks, weapons, and upgrades, and great graphics.

Dead Trigger. It's not a bad game by any means, regardless of what the TA community says, it just lacks variety. It's fun for a while, then the thrills wear off and you move on to something else. Then you remember the game, re-install it, have some more fun with it, etc, wash rinse repeat.

Zombie Gunship. Remember that mission in CoD 4 where you control the AC-130? Now, imagine that as a full game, with upgrades, and replace the soldiers with zombies.

Into the Dead. It's a first person endless runner, where you just run away from zombies and pick up weapons in case they get in your way, and they will. The money gain is extremely fair for a F2P game, the gameplay is fun, and the graphics are good. And it's also from a skilled developer.

Brainsss. You've played Infectonator. Imagine that game, but in 3D.

Infect Them All series. Also like Infectonator, but in a dungeon crawler like perspective.

Angry Zombies series. See above.

And last but not least, The Walking Dead. Prepare to be immersed in a brilliantly written story full of brilliantly written characters you will sincerely care for. Being an adventure game, it's not about the gameplay, but the story. You get to choose what you say or and it will affect you directly, like BioWare's games. Can't recommend it enough.

Last edited by dariusjr98; 04-25-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Zombie games really started rolling downhill with the arrival of the App Store.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piph View Post
Looking for a good zombie game that's not just another mindless twin stick shooter. I really liked Rebuild, but the game was too repetitive to make it past a single play through. I've played some "infection" based games which were fun, the most prominent one that comes to mind was Infectonator.

EDIT: Oh! And that Oregon Trail zombieacopalypse one too, of course.

Anyways, any suggestions?
Wow. No one mentioned "The Walking Dead:Assault" yet? That. Not really any point in describing it. It is perfect.

The Magic Cube stuff is great, and they're good people, so check their games out. It's pretty casual, but a nice diversion.

There are bunches of others, but these are the ones I would specifically comment on, and you specifically mentioned non-dual-stick, so I won't bother wasting your time listing a bunch of DSSs.

DBC
Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

My personal list of favorite Zombie games:

Dead Space (alien zombies?)
Plants Vs Zombies
The Walking Dead (by Telltale)
NY Zombies 2
Dead Trigger
Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies
Into the Dead
Zombie Parkour Runner
Crazy Bill
Zombie Tsunami
Apocalypse Max
Infectonator
Zombies. (this one's twin-stick though, but one of the best)
House of the Dead Overkill (pretty new as it came out yesterday, but it's awesome)
Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Consider also Zombie Wonderland, it's a tap based resounce game but the atmosphere is ripe.

Zombie Glider is a zany but fun "endless runner" where you glide to devour humans.

ZombieRunnerz was fun, a 16-bit running game.

Rise of the Zombie is an upcoming real time strategy game that's amazing, I've played the beta and can't stop. You'll want to keep an eye out for that.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Wow. No one mentioned "The Walking Dead:Assault" yet? That. Not really any point in describing it. It is perfect.

The Magic Cube stuff is great, and they're good people, so check their games out. It's pretty casual, but a nice diversion.

There are bunches of others, but these are the ones I would specifically comment on, and you specifically mentioned non-dual-stick, so I won't bother wasting your time listing a bunch of DSSs.

DBC
Whoops, I think you were referring to me in how I suggested some DSSs. I didn't even notice, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post

DBC
Actually he said he doesn't want another mindless DSS game. I don't know if that means no DSS genre, but I think he's asking for a really good DSS if you know one.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

On the subject of zombie games:
I'm a dual stick shooter fan (as you've probably guessed from some of my recent threads) and since Dead Nation is unfortunately never coming to IOS, are there any similar games on the platform?

I'm not talking something like Zombiewood or SAS where you protect a base. Preferably it should be a premium game with a dark atmosphere. And with tons of zombies on screen at once. Like a bullet hell game but with zombies instead of bullets. If you've played Dead Nation, you know what I mean.

Thanks

Last edited by Bronxsta; 04-25-2013 at 06:48 PM..