★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: +++ "Beautiful as a Pixar movie" [elmundo.es] +++
+++ "Shiny The Firefly is a diamond, a small collector's piece that can be considered one of the best AppStore games. [9.5/10]" [iosgamerszone.com] +++
+++ "Bugtastic" [androidpolice.com] +++
+++ "The game is excellent, well-thought and with an addictive gameplay. [...] One of the best games we've tried out recently. [5/5]" [appszoom.com] +++
+++ "This game is excellent. [4.5/5]" [appslooking.com] +++
+++ [] a brilliant Game for in between. [8/10] [gamersplatform.de] +++
+++ The game is definitely one of the most felicitous releasesof the week. Conclusion: BUY! [appgefahren.de] +++
+++ Shiny The Firefly easily impresses by its wonderful overall concept and the lovely execution right down to the last detail. [9/10] [iplayapps.de] +++

This adorable game, set in the middle of a picturesque garden, has you helping Shiny, the cute little firefly, to find his babies. Youll have to fly, run, hide and defend yourself against a legion of enemies. Stubborn mosquitoes, hungry toads, mischievous plants, sneaky wasps, endlessly long centipedes and lots of other little, dangerous garden dwellers are going to get in your way and make your life difficult.

Your reflexes will be tested, as well as your wit and intellect as you navigate through this beautiful, colorful world helping Shiny in his search. All kinds of different animations let you know how Shinys feeling. So youll always know if hes feeling happy, concerned, tired or angry. That will help you solve the trickiest situations in the game. Use your ability to shine skillfully: the babies can only follow Shiny when he is lit up, but that also makes him visible to his enemies

Can you reunite Shiny with his family?

Unique Light on, light off feature
Great, high-quality graphics
A charismatic character with numerous animations
Three different worlds with a total of 33 levels, teeming with enemies, bosses, puzzles and other game elements
An all-round fully developed and intuitive game experience for everybody
Game Center integration

Sanuku's comments:

Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shiny-the-firefly-free/id614575988

04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Not sure this is really my kinda game or not, but the art looks pretty nice. Based on screenies that is.

04-25-2013, 12:12 PM
REALLY Nice. I'm awaiting the Touch Arcade review
04-26-2013, 03:32 PM
this game is awesome, great graphics and fun gameplay, recommended
04-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Love the game and there are 1000 achievement points if you finish the whole game, so that is great too.
04-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Looks like this could be a little gem that slipped through unnoticed. I shall find out for myself in around 30 minutes.
04-27-2013, 06:42 AM
This is a very high quality game, and easily my game of the week. Would be very sad to see it go unnoticed.
04-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Lite version link

The link for the LITE version is:

04-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Just tried the lite due to Andys recomendation and he is always right. Buying the full version...
04-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Dear Andy,

Please find the enclosed pouch. Kindly place $2 in it and send it MC's way.

MC's wallet

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"