Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Gadzookery (by SLIC games LLC) [Universal]

I'd like to announce my first game which is currently available in the New Zealand App Store. It went live in the last 24hrs. I hope the word game players among you will love it as much as I do.

Gadzookery - An Original Acronym Word Game

Gadzookery is a test of vocabulary, spelling, creativity, and speed. The object of the game is to create a unique sentence or phrase based off of a target word. The twist? The target word must be an acronym of your sentence or phrase and its meaning must relate to the target word. Creativity is encouraged, so it’s OK if your sentence is a bit of a stretch, or even just tenuously relates to the target word.

Let's look at few examples:
If the target word is GAMES, you might try "Gadzookery App Making Entertaining Sentences." The target word becomes an acronym, since the first letters of each word spell out the target word. And the sentence’s meaning relates to the target word, since Gadzookery is a game (and an extremely fun one, at that!).
For the target word YOGURT, you'd be clever to play a sentence like "Yummy Organisms, Gloppy Underrated Refrigerated Treat." The target word becomes a perfect acronym of your sentence, which nicely describes some of yogurt's more…gloppy qualities.
If you're working with NYMPH, you could write "Naughty Young Men Prefer Her." Again, the target word becomes an acronym, and your sentence’s meaning humorously ties back to it.

You can play single player or multi-player. The multi-player version has a challenge system for misspelled or fake words. If you spot any go ahead and challenge that sentence/phrase. If you're correct you'll take all the points in that sentence/phrase from the player challenged. If you're wrong you'll lose your points to the player challenged.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gadzookery-original-acronym/id602059973?ls=1&mt=8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i4nochat1home.jpg (354.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg i4nochat2gameplay.jpg (426.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg i4nochat3challenge.jpg (384.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg i4nochat4result.jpg (384.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg i4nochat5leaderboard.jpg (364.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by SLIC; 04-26-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 AM

Any plans for this to be sold outside of NZ?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Any plans for this to be sold outside of NZ?
Yes absolutely, thanks for asking. For now, what with this being my first game, I just wanted to take a look at performance etc in a live market. A couple of weeks and it'll go worldwide.

It got it's first consumer review yesterday. 5* "A highly entertaining and fun game that makes you think".
Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Its just been released worldwide. If any of you want to get it I'd love the support.

Thank you