Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Pocket Galaxy (SCI-FI MMORPG)

Quote:
Pocket Galaxy is a pick up and play space adventure in your pocket!

It's cross-platform technology takes the multiplayer online experience to the next level. Players can play with their friends on iOS, Android and PC web browser. Complete missions and move through the ranks as you rule the leaderboards! Battle with your faction and conquer territories in galactic style combat.

Game Features
  • Synchronous gameplay across iOS, Android, and PC
  • Full real time space combat
  • Alliance/Guild system
  • In-depth crafting & resource gathering system
  • Massively Multiplayer Online

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The game is in closed beta so you'll need a beta key to participate. Message their Facebook page for a beta key. Currently you can play Android and through the browser. iOS version will be coming.

Because it's in beta, you will notice unfinished content, freezes, bugs, etc. Fairly stable at the moment and decent amount of content. There's two servers, US and Europe; and two factions. I'm on US, Shard side.

Looks like this will be a free to play game with IAPs. At the moment the IAPs are for virtual currency—which allows you to buy items(ships, equipment, ammo, etc), upgrade items(ships and equipment), and instantize timers(refining mined resources, manufacturing items). All items can be bought through the non-premium currency though. Upgrades can be earned through playing. Again, the game is still in beta so things may change(for better or for worse; hopefully not the latter).

For gameplay controls you have your typical dual joysticks; however the left one shoots out a targeting field and your weapon only fires when an enemy target is within that field. This makes it easier and more of an on-the-go mobile game.

Like the soundtrack—one track mainly and the others fit the game well.

Last edited by simplemindead; 05-31-2013 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: updated with current info
Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hey how to install it into iOS?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

First part of the trailer I thought, so far so Vendetta online, but then the actual gameplay video looks quite cool, like a simplified version of combat etc. Will check this out.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I will give it a try, too! But I have to go to on the EU server because I am from Germany
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Game.PN I mentioned in my opening post that you'll need to email info@mmojoe.com to try an get an ad-hoc provision if you want to play on iOS. You should include the UDID of your device in the email. I think devs aren't allowed to release beta apps on the App Store and because the game is still in beta at the moment, the only official way to play on an iOS device is by getting an ad-hoc provision profile. Devs are limited to 100 and registered provisions can only be removed annually so devs are selective in handing them out.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemindead View Post
@Game.PN I mentioned in my opening post that you'll need to email info@mmojoe.com to try an get an ad-hoc provision if you want to play on iOS. You should include the UDID of your device in the email. I think devs aren't allowed to release beta apps on the App Store and because the game is still in beta at the moment, the only official way to play on an iOS device is by getting an ad-hoc provision profile. Devs are limited to 100 and registered provisions can only be removed annually so devs are selective in handing them out.
Can you make an example?

Last edited by Game.PN; 04-30-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

An example what? An email you would send them? Here's what I sent:

Quote:
Hopefully I'm sending this to the right place. I have a beta account on Pocket Galaxy, under this email address, and would like to play the game on my iPad. My UDID is abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz012345678901234.
Of course I changed the UDID quote above from my actual UDID. The email is intentionally brief since I'm banking on my belief that I'm one of the higher levelled players so I have a good chance that way.

I'm guessing, with no real basis, that the game will be out in the iOS App Store in 1-3 months. So even if you don't have an Android tablet, you can still play the game through the browser version.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Are you playing in the iOS?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Actually, no. I sent the email a few days back but haven't received a reply yet. The game's in beta so that's normal. Hardware-wise my Android tablet is superior so I'm content with playing on there though.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

There's only a few days left to submit your entry for a planet name. Actually the duration for this contest is rather short; about 4 days. Details can be found on the official forum.

Aside from the name you choose being possibly immortalized in the game, winners will be awarded a beta key. Or maybe 2? One for your friend as well? At least that's what the post on their Facebook page seem to suggest.