★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SIAM
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Running from The Dead is a Match-3 Survival RPG with a lot of zombies & bullet!

Collect tile to Run,Attack,Find items,Repair armor, heal your self and rush your way to the nearest safe house in order to survive.

Upgrade your equipment, Train a new skill or find a better weapon there're a lot of possibility to do here.

If you like Match three or love a zombie survival game. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Who know you may love this game like I do!

I'm spent nearly 2 years making this game from scratch by myself.

I'm just a gamer with no programming experience so it took me very long to learn the basic.

Even this game is done.
It's far from complete yet but so I'll keep update the game. I love to hear some feedbacks from you guy.

I've made this game out of love and passion.
(Everyone calling me crazy to quit my job and work on game)

This game is very fun and I hope that you will like it.

Some of the player comments on my game.

"...Running From the Dead has glimpses of brilliance..." -TouchArcade,Forums

"...Can't wait to see this released!"Reddit,iOS gaming

Thank you everyone who interesting.
You've giving hope to this little developer.

Thank.
04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Okay, initial impression of the game. Not really fond of the menu screen. The menu screen artwork seemed kinda low quality and not very appealing e.g the stick figure, title font, and uninteresting background. It does not live up to quality of the actual in-game visual style.

The game itself is pretty fun and I like it. Typical match 3 style game but with a twist of RPG element. As of most match 3 style games, it's luck based. On my first run I died within level 2 which took around roughly 10-15 minutes. The game is not easy and is quite a challenge. There are many unlockable upgrades and perks that can be achieved by reaching certain in game goals. There are some minor grammatical errors here and there. The game is free from IAP and Ads.

What I would like to see in the future: A better menu screen, even a simplistic black blank page with menu options would have been nicer. An ambiance track playing in the background in-game to further enhance the player's experience. More unlockable classes/weapons/perks.

Edit: Went back to play a couple more times and the game crashed. There seems to be a problem with continuing the game after you're dead. The tile screen just shows a blank. The touch detection needs a little work as well, there has been instances when the game is not detecting my drag gestures correctly. The game needs more polishing.

Last edited by Pixel_Gamer; 04-30-2013 at 02:23 AM.

04-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Thank you for your feedback!

I'll made sure the next version will got better menu, more unlock and BGM!

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website
04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
I highly recommend Running From the Dead. It would be easy to overlook but does some unique stuff with the match-3 genre. For one it combines endless runner elements with a top screen potion requiring you to match 3+ boots to advance your character to the next safe location. The running component brings a lot of diversity to RFTD. At the start of each game there's unparalleled character customization with ability to chose weapon (each with pros/cons), previous job (again each with pros/cons), etc. Gameplay machanics are detailed with an emphasis on things like conserving bullets (here you can run out of bullets and then have to just race to next safe zone if attack is not carefully planned), tactical armor, health, money, etc. I beta tested RFTD entering it not expecting much, on a whim, but was really surprised by how well crafted and novel it plays.

Also... this is 5G widescreen optimized.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.
04-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Will there be a Universal or iPad version?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
04-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Yeah it will be universal no need to buy another version. So it best to grab it now as this is the lowest price.

I plan on making the universal version ready on june.

Game are meant to play for fun...not pay for fun.

my developer blog
http://dprompt.blogspot.com/

Running From The Dead
Gameplay Video
Website
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I highly recommend Running From the Dead. It would be easy to overlook but does some unique stuff with the match-3 genre. For one it combines endless runner elements with a top screen potion requiring you to match 3+ boots to advance your character to the next safe location. The running component brings a lot of diversity to RFTD. At the start of each game there's unparalleled character customization with ability to chose weapon (each with pros/cons), previous job (again each with pros/cons), etc. Gameplay machanics are detailed with an emphasis on things like conserving bullets (here you can run out of bullets and then have to just race to next safe zone if attack is not carefully planned), tactical armor, health, money, etc. I beta tested RFTD entering it not expecting much, on a whim, but was really surprised by how well crafted and novel it plays.

Also... this is 5G widescreen optimized.
So, undeadcow seal of approval? lol.
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songkranw View Post
Yeah it will be universal no need to buy another version. So it best to grab it now as this is the lowest price.

Awesome! Instadownload!
04-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songkranw View Post

Ok, bought with this becoming universal.
04-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Is it real-time matching, like 10000000? Or do you get as long as you want to plan your moves?