Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Running From The Dead - (by DPrompt) [iPhone]

Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Okay, initial impression of the game. Not really fond of the menu screen. The menu screen artwork seemed kinda low quality and not very appealing e.g the stick figure, title font, and uninteresting background. It does not live up to quality of the actual in-game visual style.

The game itself is pretty fun and I like it. Typical match 3 style game but with a twist of RPG element. As of most match 3 style games, it's luck based. On my first run I died within level 2 which took around roughly 10-15 minutes. The game is not easy and is quite a challenge. There are many unlockable upgrades and perks that can be achieved by reaching certain in game goals. There are some minor grammatical errors here and there. The game is free from IAP and Ads.

What I would like to see in the future: A better menu screen, even a simplistic black blank page with menu options would have been nicer. An ambiance track playing in the background in-game to further enhance the player's experience. More unlockable classes/weapons/perks.

Edit: Went back to play a couple more times and the game crashed. There seems to be a problem with continuing the game after you're dead. The tile screen just shows a blank. The touch detection needs a little work as well, there has been instances when the game is not detecting my drag gestures correctly. The game needs more polishing.

Last edited by Pixel_Gamer; 04-30-2013 at 02:23 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 08:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Thank you for your feedback!

I'll made sure the next version will got better menu, more unlock and BGM!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I highly recommend Running From the Dead. It would be easy to overlook but does some unique stuff with the match-3 genre. For one it combines endless runner elements with a top screen potion requiring you to match 3+ boots to advance your character to the next safe location. The running component brings a lot of diversity to RFTD. At the start of each game there's unparalleled character customization with ability to chose weapon (each with pros/cons), previous job (again each with pros/cons), etc. Gameplay machanics are detailed with an emphasis on things like conserving bullets (here you can run out of bullets and then have to just race to next safe zone if attack is not carefully planned), tactical armor, health, money, etc. I beta tested RFTD entering it not expecting much, on a whim, but was really surprised by how well crafted and novel it plays.

Also... this is 5G widescreen optimized.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-29-2013 at 10:39 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Will there be a Universal or iPad version?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Yeah it will be universal no need to buy another version. So it best to grab it now as this is the lowest price.

I plan on making the universal version ready on june.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I highly recommend Running From the Dead. It would be easy to overlook but does some unique stuff with the match-3 genre. For one it combines endless runner elements with a top screen potion requiring you to match 3+ boots to advance your character to the next safe location. The running component brings a lot of diversity to RFTD. At the start of each game there's unparalleled character customization with ability to chose weapon (each with pros/cons), previous job (again each with pros/cons), etc. Gameplay machanics are detailed with an emphasis on things like conserving bullets (here you can run out of bullets and then have to just race to next safe zone if attack is not carefully planned), tactical armor, health, money, etc. I beta tested RFTD entering it not expecting much, on a whim, but was really surprised by how well crafted and novel it plays.

Also... this is 5G widescreen optimized.
So, undeadcow seal of approval? lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkranw View Post
Yeah it will be universal no need to buy another version. So it best to grab it now as this is the lowest price.

Awesome! Instadownload!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkranw View Post

Ok, bought with this becoming universal.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 PM
iPad

Is it real-time matching, like 10000000? Or do you get as long as you want to plan your moves?