★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Available at $0.99 for a limited time only!

*IMPORTANT* Emilly In Darkness requires at least iPhone 4 or other device with minimum 512 MB RAM to run properly.

"Emilly In Darkness" is an old school action-adventure game in which on one hand the character shoots, sets traps and learns new skills, but on the other hand the character must navigate a gloomy, complex world with a twisted and unpredictable plot, highlighted by cut-in animations and conversations with NPC's.

"Emilly in Darkness" tells the story of Emilly who, for reasons unknown, wakes up alone in a dark forest, and after a few moments is fatally gunned down by an unseen assassin. However, she does not die, at least not in the traditional sense of death. Instead, Emilly finds herself suspended in a grim and odd place, not so different from hell. She is lost, alone, surrounded by demons, and oddly enough, other forlorn people, people whose intentions are not always clear. This is just the beginning...

Main features:

Great story
Dark atmospheric world
Challenging gameplay
Unique hand-drawn artwork
Simple rpg elements (NPCs, skills development)

LordTrooP's comments:

Emilly In Darkness

Trailer:

About the game:

"Emilly In Darkness" is an old school action-adventure game in which on one hand the character shoots, sets traps and learns new skills, but on the other hand the character must navigate a gloomy, complex world with a twisted and unpredictable plot, highlighted by cut-in animations and conversations with NPC's.

"Emilly in Darkness" tells the story of Emilly who, for reasons unknown, wakes up alone in a dark forest, and after a few moments is fatally gunned down by an unseen assassin. However, she does not die, at least not in the traditional sense of death. Instead, Emilly finds herself suspended in a grim and odd place, not so different from hell. She is lost, alone, surrounded by demons, and oddly enough, other forlorn people, people whose intentions are not always clear. This is just the beginning...

Main features:

• Great story
• Dark atmospheric world
• Addictive and challenging gameplay
• Simple rpg elements (NPCs, skills development)
• Unique hand-drawn artwork
• Multiplatform (iOS, Android, Mac, W8)

App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/emilly-in-darkness/id584927131?l=pl&ls=1&mt=8

Screenshots:

04-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Oh my...wow!!! Bought!

EDIT: Craaaaap...not universal. Is an update planned or is there are a separate iPad version?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Huh, this looks somewhat promising, with the exception of the blatant grammar error in the screenshots/trailer.
04-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Yes, there will be defenetly "universal" update for iPads in about 30 days.
04-30-2013, 03:20 PM
^Thanks, will buy when universal hits.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderkid View Post
Huh, this looks somewhat promising, with the exception of the blatant grammar error in the screenshots/trailer.
All errors were corrected in the final version of the game so don't worry about it
05-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTrooP View Post
All errors were corrected in the final version of the game so don't worry about it
As in, the released tonight version?
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
This looks super cool. Snagging it!
05-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^Thanks, will buy when universal hits.
+1 to this also..Instabuy when it goes universal..this game kinda reminds me of the game Closure on steam..
05-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Got a little Year Walk vibe from this game. But i'll wait until it becomes universal.