Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Default NanoLooper (by AgnesDev) [Universal]

Hi guys,

My name is Agnes (Agnieszka in Polish) and I've just released my first iOS game - named NanoLooper

Yes, I'm an Indie Developer and I was working on the game almost alone. I "hired" two contractors (2D Artist and Audio Director) plus I have a friend (nonprofessional programmer) who coded everything I asked him for

You can ask... WHY? The answer is very simple: I love games and I always wanted to develop something by myself ... and I did it! So if you like game as much as me and you'd like to play a casual game - this is something for you

Maybe it's not a fancy 3D but it has awesome gameplay! You have to be very fast and precise to gain more and more points... And don't forget about PowerUps and Upgrades!

You can get NanoLooper from AppStore (direct link)
(iPhone 3GS to 5 and all iPads!)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by AgnesDev; 04-30-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I would recommend that you ask one of the mods to move this thread to the iphone/ipod section since this is universal and you will get more traffic in that section.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Thanks for TIP! I've already crated a duplicated thread in that section, so... maybe mod will delate the current one

Best!
Agnes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesDev View Post
Thanks for TIP! I've already crated a duplicated thread in that section, so... maybe mod will delate the current one

Best!
Agnes
Yeah, I just saw that, my bad. I don't think anyone will mind, if they do the mods will take care of it.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:14 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

This totally reminds me of Spirit, but unfortunately not as bad-ass as that is. Get that, I'd say.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
This totally reminds me of Spirit, but unfortunately not as bad-ass as that is. Get that, I'd say.
Spirit was released 2 months after I started working on NanoLooper (yes, I've been working on it for 2 years - I was a newbie in IndieDev and unfortunately life verified some my plans and I wasn't able to push as hard as I should and I wasn't able to finish the game earlier ).

I was sad that someone has a very similar idea and the visuals are much better, but... Spirit doesn't have PowerUps and Upgrade System which for me increase gameplay values
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Spirit was released 2 months after I started working on NanoLooper (yes, I've been working on it for 2 years - I was a newbie in IndieDev and unfortunately life verified some my plans and I wasn't able to push as hard as I should and I wasn't able to finish the game earlier ).

I was sad that someone has a very similar idea and the visuals are much better, but... Spirit doesn't have PowerUps and Upgrade System which for me increase gameplay values
Are the upgrades persistent or does the player start from scratch each game? Either way is fine, I'm just curious. Just to see a game with an upgrade system not tied into some IAP currency means a lot to me these days.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Are the upgrades persistent or does the player start from scratch each game? Either way is fine, I'm just curious. Just to see a game with an upgrade system not tied into some IAP currency means a lot to me these days.
Upgrades aren't persistent - each time (with a new game) player will be able to select different upgrades.

I was considering to make them persistent (and I had them in an alpha version), but then game was too easy at the beginning (playing one more time with 3-6 upgrades).

Do you think they should be persistent? (If I get more feedback about this, I'll be able to change it in next version )

-=Agnes=-
Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Upgrades aren't persistent - each time (with a new game) player will be able to select different upgrades.

I was considering to make them persistent (and I had them in an alpha version), but then game was too easy at the beginning (playing one more time with 3-6 upgrades).

Do you think they should be persistent? (If I get more feedback about this, I'll be able to change it in next version )

-=Agnes=-
I think I prefer this current system as they seem easy enough to get BUT it is hard to say definitively at this point as I still suck horribly at the game (3500 is my high score so far). However, even fumbling along that sadly I was able to buy at least 3 upgrades in my run.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:34 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I think I prefer this current system as they seem easy enough to get BUT it is hard to say definitively at this point as I still suck horribly at the game (3500 is my high score so far). However, even fumbling along that sadly I was able to buy at least 3 upgrades in my run.
May I give you some tips?

1. At first, you should increase NanoLine's length (1st upgrade on the list) - level/stage 1 will be enough at the beginning

2. Unlock PowerUps - at least one! When you catch 3 or more Microbes an extra powerup shows up on the field
(even if time-based-powerups are useful only for 3 seconds, they can be very helpful for those 3 seconds ... and of course you can upgrade them to 5,7 and even 9 seconds later)

3. Sometimes you should wait till few microbes are close to each other, to catch them at the same time - points will be multiplied by the number of caught microbes)