Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Do you play more mobile games or console/PC games? - A Discussion

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed something. I've got a 360 in my brother's room and a PS3 in mine, a laptop with access to tons of flash and freeware games, and yet they mostly go untouched.

Nowadays most of my gaming is done on my iPhone. I never thought I'd say that. I have so many AAA retail games collecting dust - games like Far Cry 3, Dark Souls, X Com, Red Dead Redemption that used to keep me occupied for hours - and now they go untouched.

Recently the majority of my gaming time has been divided between Block Fortress, Hunters 2 (11 hours, wow!), and World of Goo.

I guess the primary catalyst for this shift is the portability. My iPhone is at my side 24/7, compared to my room-bound consoles. But the other reason is quality. Take my current addiction Block Fortress. Now that's a game that rivals any XBLA or PSN game in quality, depth, and fun and it's on my phone. Ignoring the ever-present shadow of freemium, mobile gaming has matured into a platform offering experiences equal to or surpassing what's on console

So how about you? Predominately console/PC or mobile or both?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Both. I really enjoy some iOS titles and the portability cannot be matched, but when I have time at home and am "in the mood " I sit down at my PC and play a round of Killing Floor or progress some more in AC2 or try and finally beat Chaos Theory.

iOS has a hard time matching any console/PC title when portability or availability don't come into play. Sure, I like MC4 and have a blast with O&C, I really like Fangz, NFS and Perfect Cell, but only a few (Fangz, O&C) would I actually boot up on my computer.

One exception: Walking Dead on iPad beats TWD on consoles/PC any day, just unfortunate they didn't include the shadow effects. Typical unoptimized Telltale game.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Probably iOS games more I can just carry them wherever I go and whenever I go.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I haven't turned on a console in over a year.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Mobile, though my mobile system is a console. I do have an older xbox with tons of games and I never play it.

Last edited by Connector; 05-01-2013 at 12:31 AM..
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Let's just say I've had the Collector's Edition of God of War: Ascension for over a month now and it's still sealed.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I don't even own a console, but if I did, I would still pick iOS over it. It just has great games to enjoy for a short time or many hours. If it wern't for the f2p, iOS could be, IMO, a perfect platform. The low prices are great, but added, they are A LOT. I get kind of sick thinking about how much money I have spent on iOS. When MC4 looks this good on an iPad mini, it just goes to show how far iOS has come.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Let's just say I've had the Collector's Edition of God of War: Ascension for over a month now and it's still sealed.
Haha, wow. Now that's insane. 0.0
Old 05-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
I don't even own a console, but if I did, I would still pick iOS over it. It just has great games to enjoy for a short time or many hours. If it wern't for the f2p, iOS could be, IMO, a perfect platform. The low prices are great, but added, they are A LOT. I get kind of sick thinking about how much money I have spent on iOS. When MC4 looks this good on an iPad mini, it just goes to show how far iOS has come.
In the last five weeks alone, I've spent 65 dollars on IOS games. And remember most IOS games only range from 0.99 to 4.99

So I know what you mean about money spent

Sure, I'm definitely going to drop $60 on The Last of Us next month but when you consider how many quality premium IOS you can get for that same amount...
Old 05-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
In the last five weeks alone, I've spent 65 dollars on IOS games. And remember most IOS games only range from 0.99 to 4.99

So I know what you mean about money spent

Sure, I'm definitely going to drop $60 on The Last of Us next month but when you consider how many quality premium IOS you can get for that same amount...
Yeah, I would any day of the week, have 60 ios buck apps than one console game! Especially if you get some ios games on sale, you get a lot of great games on ios for $60. I really like that diversity of games. And many ios games could almost pass as a console game especially with hdmi tv and an icade joystick.

I wonder if there is anyone here that would rather have just one console game over 60 games that I got for a buck...

Nova 3
Wild Blood
Asphalt 7
Virtua Tennis
NFS Most Wanted
Tabletop Racing
Repulze
Mikey shorts
Reckless racing 2
Final fwy 2r
Boost 2
Zaxxon
Catch the arc
Lili
Pizza vs skeletons
Crumble zone
Cling
Mutant fridge
Time surfer
Luma bears
Archibald
Rayman
Spunk and moxie
Sonic cd
Plasma sky
League of evil 2
The other brothers
Skyriders
Beat hazard
Cut the rope hd
Angry birds star wars hd
Bad piggies hd
Bug panic
Icarus x
Syder arcade hd
Parallax 2
Buster spirits
Alpha zero
Arc squadron
Twingo
Joining hands
Light the flower
Gnu revenge
Webbies
Eager beaver
Where's my water
Where's perry
Iblast moki 2
Sprinkle
Stretched
Pebble universe
Follow the rabbit
Fire busters
Monster island hd
Twist pilot
Chu chu rocket
Cover orange hd
Amazing alex hd
Angry birds space hd

Would anyone here trade all this for one console game???

Last edited by Connector; 05-01-2013 at 03:04 AM..