App description: The Sun Newspaper - "...A brilliant test of your footballing vision, this app is infuriatingly addictive...Who would have thought you could make a puzzler title based on football? Genius."

The Football Front - "For me, the most satisfying point is when you create space and exploit the opposition movement in the game. Its a bit like when you score a [delightful] pass and move goal on FIFA, you think fondly of yourself thinking, I created that."

Innovative - Fantastic concept and excellently done! (5/5 stars)

Must Have! - Never really seen a game about soccer quite this addicting Really easy and fun to play Even if you're not a soccer fan, it will be easy to pick up (5/5 stars)

The best - Best puzzle football game in the world (5/5 stars)

Great! - Great game! Different possibilities to solve the same puzzle! Brings diversity and fun! Recommend it! (5/5 stars)

Great game! - Love this game! Smooth transitions, doesn't lag at all. Gameplay is nice. Would recommend it. (5/5 stars)

Brilliantly addictive - Love this so far. Can tell its going to be incredibly addictive. It's the Football version of that Candyland game. (5/5 stars)

.... its Brilliant! Highly recommended 5/5 stars

Warning: very [addictive]! - Great concept, simple but beautiful design, and seriously [addictive]! (5/5 stars)

-------------------------------------------------

The Football Playbook is a simple yet addictive tactical football game made by independent game developer, Super Rock Games.

The Football Playbook is a collection of tactical puzzles. In each puzzle you are presented with a snapshot of a football match. To successfully complete the puzzle you must score a goal. Use a combination of timing, movement and key passes to get your players into a scoring position.

Features
- Over 700 unique puzzles.
- Innovative control mechanism and game mechanic.
- Challenging and Addictive Game-play.
- Top down god-like view of entire pitch.
- Complete control of all your players movements.
- Ability to create and exploit space anywhere on the pitch.
- Battle against different formations and defensive strategies.
- Complete seasons and earn badges.
- Action takes place on a full pitch, 11 v 10.

TheFootballPlaybook's comments:

Description
The Football Playbook: Tactical Puzzles, is a simple yet addictive tactical football game.
In each puzzle you are presented with a snapshot of a football match.
To successfully complete the puzzle you must score a goal.
Use a combination of timing, movement and key passes to get your players into a scoring position.

Details
- Universal App
- iTunes App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-playbook-tactical/id635870823

Youtube link | Pop Up

FREE T-Shirt
To celebrate our release we are holding a free t-shirt give-away, if you can answer this question that is ...
Who is said to have invented “Total Football”?
Full details on our blog here.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/footballplaybk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fo...87627404662720
Blog: tfpb.tumblr.com
05-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Remember to post you answer on twitter to be in with a chance to win a t-shirt like this...

05-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Looks very interesting. Anyone who played this and the other similar game (Fluid Football, was it?) can draw any comparisons?

Also, what's "Free" about it? I see consumable IAPs there - I'm worried this might turn into a grind fest.

Just asking - I'm sure others might have similar questions.

Cheers, and congrats on the release!
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks!

The only comparisons with "Fluid Football" is that both games are based around football and controlling players to score a goal. I would say the "feel" of our game is very different. How you approach playing it is much more strategic.

There is no grinding. There is no cool down timers. You unlock puzzle packs and play-through them. That's it.

The game is free to download and you also get a puzzle pack ( 48 puzzles ) for free. So you can try out the game for free before deciding to pay. I guess it's free-to-try and then a pay-wall.

As for consumable IAPs, the game uses an in-game coin currency to pay for puzzle packs. You buy coins then use them to pay for puzzle packs. I think most games are heading that way nowadays.

Hope that helps.
05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Do u make the players move or do u just control the player kicking the ball
05-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Is this like Score but with 2d dots
05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Any hints on who invented it?
05-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh, ok - thanks for the explanation. So, it's actually a pay to unlock. That wasn't clear - the IAP list on iTunes was only about the coins, hence my concern.

Cheers, and good luck with the release!
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
You can move any of your players anywhere on the pitch at any time.

In Score! the route to goal in each level is already set.
Example: player A passes to player B who passes to player C who then shoots. Each time you play that level you repeat that route over and over. It never changes.

Our game is more like FIFA 13 with 2d dots. The ball starts of with the goalkeeper. You can then pass to any of your players. You can also move any of your players to any part of the pitch. You choose your own route to goal.

Game is free to download on the App Store so you can see instantly what we mean. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-playbook-tactical/id635870823?affId=1736887

Who invented what? This particular game-play? I don't know of another football game that plays like our game. There is another similar-ish game but it is very differently executed.
12-20-2013, 05:19 AM
The Football Playbook is reduced to 69p to unlock all levels for the Christmas Holidays!!!!

www.footballplaybk.com
@footballplaybk
Facebook
@superrockgames

Check it out at the link below....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id635870823?mt=8&affId=1720307

Merry christmas all

Last edited by SuperRockGames; 08-22-2014 at 04:32 AM.