Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Default Capelord RPG - First Peruvian RPG from Naylampsoft (Universal)

The aim of this role-playing game is to improve the characteristics of your hero and accomplish all the missions. The action takes place in the Middle Ages, in a world where technology has reached cosmic proportions.
You can fight in distant or in close combat, and use with many magical skills to deal much more damage than a regular attack. Fight your way through all the missions and investigate dark dungeons to get stronger equipment.

Capelord is an Action RPG developed by Naylampsoft. You have to discover a new world of magic and fantasy, where you choose your fate.

It's Free!. Get It Now on App Store!

Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Blacksp1der, are you one of the developers?

If yes, I got a bunch of feedback already
Most of all: it is a niche game, and this audience does not take well to the Freemium model. It definitely has potential and could turn out to be a real hidden gem. But with the timers and IAP many people will pass this right away, for that reason alone.

Story looks interesting, from the little I saw so far.
What originally got me interested was the Mech in one of the screenshots. Huge Mech fan here And a fantasy/SF action-RPG? Definitely worth a try...
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback Sheinfell, Freemium is a must for indie developers. Many people don't pay for a game and we will end closing the development of the game. At least with IAP and ads we will get a small income to continue working on the project and many people can try our game. This game is a long term project, there's more to come in future updates and the best for us right now is the Fremium way. Maybe we should add a Remove Ads IAP.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

I like freemium model!! I think it's the fairest way to earn our hard earned money and its fair to developers..

Let us play for free we like it we buy.. Too many times buying a full game and end up not playing it
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSp1der View Post
Thanks for the feedback Sheinfell, Freemium is a must for indie developers. Many people don't pay for a game and we will end closing the development of the game. At least with IAP and ads we will get a small income to continue working on the project and many people can try our game. This game is a long term project, there's more to come in future updates and the best for us right now is the Fremium way. Maybe we should add a Remove Ads IAP.
Beg to differ
Some indie devs are successful without IAP, or at least a less "offensive" version of it.
You also need to look at your target audience, and most RPG-folks (me included) do not like Freemium at all. From what I saw of the game so far, it will not appeal to a mass market (like, say, Angry Birds).

Go take a look at Solomon's Keep and Solomon's Boneyard for a game with a similar niche audience, and IAP done in a good way.

Other than that, for getting folks to try it out make a lite version, or offer a full game unlock.

Just relating my experiences here, it is your game and your call

I will stick with it a while longer, see if it is playable without IAP (no paywalls, thank you) and drop you a good price if I like it.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
I like freemium model!! I think it's the fairest way to earn our hard earned money and its fair to developers..
Let us play for free we like it we buy.. Too many times buying a full game and end up not playing it
If done right (see e.g. Solomon's Keep/Boneyard), then no offense taken.
For a horrible example how to milk it for cash (which is what most people hate), look at Zynga games, or at Dungeon Hunter 4.
Give the game a try for free? Lite version or fullgame unlock are a much better way in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Blacksp1der:
Do you have an email address where I can send you feedback?
If you are really interested, I will take the 1-2 hours to bring my thoughts in order and write it all down.

For starters:
Something is really off with your surfaces/floor: I cannot really pinpoint it, but they look odd, and make me feel slightly disoriented when I play longer than a few minutes. Are they just one huge graphic?
Which engine did you use for the game? A selfmade one, or something like Unity?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post

Think you're getting mixed up with freemium and lite versions. Lite versions are great to try and then you pay to unlock the full game if you like it.

Freemium are free but often you have to keep paying for in app purchases for coins/extra weapon slots/health potions etc. Granted you dont have to pay but often you have to grind non stop if you dont want to buy anything which ruins the game. Many games nudge you towards buying IAP's as thats the way they make money.

Dont get me wrong i'm sure its difficult for devs but in my view freemium isnt good

Last edited by psj3809; 05-02-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@Rinoa: Offtopic:
I like your name. FF8 fan, yes?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well just installed and played it. Not bad at all !

Animations really good, if anything its quite quick. Still not too sure what i'm doing ! I completed the 'tutorial', and got the first mission where i'm meant to find some parts ?

(By the way i'm no prude but having the 'f' word in the text of the second cutscene i dont think is necessary)

Would like to 'buy' something to get rid of the ads at the top, cant seem to find an IAP shop or anything though (plus would the ad's go ?)

Think this actually has a lot of potential, shall have another bigger go later.