App description: Out of the pages of Valiants smash-hit summer crossover event and onto your favorite mobile device, Harbinger Wars: Battle for Las Vegas is a first-of-its-kind gaming experience that mirrors the events of the ongoing Valiant comic book storyline by Joshua Dysart, Duane Swierczynski and Clayton Henry. Developed in concert with Storm City Entertainment, Valiants first mobile game comes complete with an all-original 8-bit soundtrack, a wide array of "Easter" eggs for longtime gamers and Valiant fans, and game play that emulates some of the most beloved console classics of the 1980s.

Download it NOW and get a $3.99 Valiant Digital Comic for FREE!
05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
This looks good. Worried about the controls though. I'll try this later, hope its not too bad

05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
^^^^

You beat me to it,about controls.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
05-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Could be okay. Eg left/right buttons with jump/fire on the left. Use up/down for ladders or shooting up

Not ideal. Virtual joystick might be better but at least it's free. I'll give it a chance for sure
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
One time IAP to unlock? Dual currencies?
Just curious.
05-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Controls are horrid on iPad... Such a disappointing use of the license as I actually like Bloodshot in both his old and current incarnations. A clunky and disappointing game to say the least...
05-01-2013, 10:48 PM
It's coin based, use IAP to disable adds or unlock level 2, level 2 can also be unlocked with coins that come painfully slow. I had high hopes for this, what absolutely kills it for me is they put the "score" bar in the play area! Who does that!?! I can't stop looking at it, worse then the ads. Totally breaks whatever game is even there, which aint much
05-02-2013, 12:11 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
05-02-2013, 12:31 AM
So disappointing. Could be decent but the controls are horrible. Looking at the credits so many people worked in it. Didn't one person say 'the controls are bad, lets improve those?'

Played the first level. You need 800 coins to get rid of ads. Normally a 99c IAP gets rid of ads but no 99c gets you 600 coins! Played the first level and came away with 17 coins. Not exactly flowing with free coins

I'm not paying 1.99 to get enough coins to get rid of the ads

Could be good but the controls and IAPs ruin it for me

And as someone pointed out the score in that box? Bizarre. Just keep it at the top. To be fair they've done that so the crappy ads can appear at the top to annoy you
05-02-2013, 01:52 AM
This looks like an old, pre-iPhone phone game. Like the kind you could get on a dumbphone in 2005.