Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Wizard Ops Tactics [Turn Based, Multiplayer, Async, Strategy Game]

Hey Everyone! We have just launched our new game called Wizard Ops Tactics!

App Store Link

Here's a quick Overview of the Game:
  • It's a Turn based, Strategy game (similar to Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea)
  • It is Asynchronous Multiplayer (similar to Words with Friends)
  • You can build and fully customize your Armies!
  • It supports cross platform play, so you can log in from any of your iOS (and Android) devices without losing progress!
  • It does not have a Single Player campaign
  • It is a Free 2 Play game and does have IAP

Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Update 1 is now live!
  • Variable Match Lengths: When you create a Battle you can set it to expire in 7 Days, 3 Days, or 1 Day
  • Tutorial Tweaks: Changes to the flow of the Tutorial should make it easier to learn the basics and jump right into the game
  • Fast Forward Button: During your Unit's executions you can speed up the animations to make the battle go quicker!

Please let us know what you think of the game (both good and bad)!
We want to make this the best game that it can be and we can't do it without your help! You can leave your feedback here OR even send us feedback directly from within the game (look for the PM Heart icon)!

Your feedback will help influence the direction we take the game and what features get prioritized in future updates! In fact all of the features listed above for Update 1 were created from the feedback we received from testers here!

Possible features for future updates!
Below is a list of features and ideas that we are thinking about including in future updates. We can't promise that any of them will make it into the game but let us know what you would like to see most and we'll try to get it in!
  • New Units
  • New Weapons
  • New Battlefields
  • Upgrading the Achievement System
  • Adding Leaderboards
  • Daily Rewards
  • Community Events (maybe similar to how Mass Effect 3 did theirs)
  • Some sort of single player elements
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spells.jpg (87.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Tactical.jpg (119.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Army.jpg (114.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Battlefields.jpg (93.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Friends.jpg (108.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Justin@PhykenMedia; 05-07-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looks cool. How much? Will it be on the Singapore store?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Just downloaded it. I loved Wizard Ops, so hopefully this should be good.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Sigh, another FTP multiplayer game in the vein of Hero Academy and Outwitters. Do we need another one of these no-AI head to head board games offering the same damn thing?

I'll take one half way decent single player TBS with the multiplayer option over a million "excellent" multiplayer only games.

Shipping without single player just means "hey, we can't actually program any AI worth a damn for our game, so you guys do it for us".
Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 AM
iPhone 4S

sounds like my kinda game!! grabbing it asap
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStephen
Looks cool. How much? Will it be on the Singapore store?
The game is Free and there are no plans to ever charge up front for the game. I do not believe it is in the Singapore store at this moment. We are focused on the North American launch right now but we are figuring out the logistics of bringing the game over to other countries in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN
Just downloaded it. I loved Wizard Ops, so hopefully this should be good.
Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed Wizard Ops! Please let us know what you think about the game (both good and bad).

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum
Sigh, another FTP multiplayer game in the vein of Hero Academy and Outwitters. Do we need another one of these no-AI head to head board games offering the same damn thing?

I'll take one half way decent single player TBS with the multiplayer option over a million "excellent" multiplayer only games.

Shipping without single player just means "hey, we can't actually program any AI worth a damn for our game, so you guys do it for us".
We're sorry that you aren't interested in the game. When we first starting designing out the game we knew that there were already other FTP, turn based, strategy games. However, we think our game still offers a different experience from those games. One of the biggest difference in our game is that you can fully customize your armies before battle. This allows you to create armies that fit your play style.

The decision to forgo a single player campaign was made based off of man power and not competency. We are a very small studio (only 7 developers at the moment) and to create a single player campaign alongside a multiplayer experience would have caused the development time to far exceed what we wanted (even without a single player campaign the game still took longer to develop than anticipated but that seems to happen with a lot of games).

We do have some ideas for single player elements for the game but they're still in the early development stage right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliePrince
sounds like my kinda game!! grabbing it asap
Awesome! Please let us know what you think about the game (both good and bad).
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Well I've enjoyed the tutorial, just waiting for my turns to roll round again. I definitely think the move timer will be a good idea. No idea about Iap yet, done some of the free offers to earn a bit of gold but they don't credit properly. Ah we'll time will tell, I've only seen one type of currency so far which is worth mentioning so even though I think payers will have more power it would appear nothing is actually locked out to non payers.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadedodger View Post
Well I've enjoyed the tutorial, just waiting for my turns to roll round again. I definitely think the move timer will be a good idea. No idea about Iap yet, done some of the free offers to earn a bit of gold but they don't credit properly. Ah we'll time will tell, I've only seen one type of currency so far which is worth mentioning so even though I think payers will have more power it would appear nothing is actually locked out to non payers.
Not good that you didn't receive your gold from the free offers. Were you doing the offers from the Reward Wall or from the 'Connect with Us' buttons? If you did them through the Reward Wall you won't receive your Gold until you log in again. It appears to be a limitation of the middleware we used for that but we'll look into it further to see if its possible to give your Gold after you close the Reward Wall GUI.

If you log in again and don't see your free Gold please leave us some feedback within the game and let us know how much Gold you were suppose to receive (make sure you're logged in so we can see your account name). We'll make sure you get your Gold!

We do only have one currency in the game and nothing is stuck behind a pay wall. Paying players will be able to access content quicker and build their armies faster by purchasing Gold and/or Doublers but they will not have any advantage in battle over non-paying players. Each battle has a point limit (set by the challenger) and every Unit, Weapon, and Ability you bring into battle will count towards your point limit. So if we balanced the game correctly your 100 point army should be pretty equal to my 100 point army.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM

Game looks like fun. I`ll give it a try.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Yeah I must admit I'm rather enjoying it, think I'm getting my ass kicked as not really a clue what I'm doing but I'm definitely enjoying it. Justin I'll send some feedback in game re offers, it's not much anyway so no great shakes but if you're ironing out bugs it may help.

If anyone wants a battle then my ingame name is P0tshot.