★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

is forum login and front page article comment login the same?

05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
is forum login and front page article comment login the same?

my question:

I have an account in the forum but on the front home page there is also ability to comment on news articles. i cannot seem to find a place to log in with my forum name and comment on the news articles. BUT on my iphone through the toucharcade app, i am able to comment directly on news articles with my forum login name. how is this possible?

secondly, how do i delete comments i made to news articles (i commented using the iphone app).
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
The main front page uses Disqus etc, a different plug-in from the forums, which means you need to create a new account to post. The TA app, I believe, has combined the functionality for ease of use.

As far as I know there's no way to delete your comments.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
09-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Sort of a similar/related question, I notice that the TouchArcade main page has a login button at the top (not the comments).

Is this the same login as the forums? I notice that if I use my forum login there, it logs me into the forums, but doesn't say anything about staying logged in the main page. Is the forum login supposed to work there? I get no feedback whether I login on the main page with a correct or incorrect password.

Last edited by mrkgoo; 09-23-2013 at 07:02 AM.