Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Gangstar Vegas (By Gameloft)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hmm... The last one was pretty terrible. Bad storyline, horrible dialogue, repetitive missions, etc. But the controls and graphics were good. Let's hope this one is better.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

As long as it isn't F2P I'll pick it up. The last one came out in 2011, so this has been in development for quite some time.

I'm hoping they change just two things: dialogue/story and physics. The single biggest reason why GTA ouclasses these games is because the cars in GTA are so fun to drive. You can't even flip a car in Gangstar, much less do stunts. The dialogue needs to grow up a lot; I found Rio's to be incredibly immature; it's probably the single most profanity-laden game I've ever played. And I've played a lot of games. When the player just rolls his/her eyes when someone spits out the C-word, (oh yes, it's there) you're doing it wrong. Wayyy wrong. Casual dialogue that your character randomly spouts at civilians needs to be eliminated or actually be funny. "Look out f---hole!" while you're stabbing someone isn't really that amusing. Likewise the, "Time to die while resisting arrest" from the cops is just stupid. Oh, and either just use some decent licensed music for the radio stations or ditch them altogether. Gameloft's attempts at satire on the radio stations was nothing short of abominable.

Graphically, I'm hoping we'll see more of the same with a few upgrades. Dynamic lighting like we saw in NOVA 3, MC4 and Batman. A dynamic shadow on the player's character and his/her car, with a short draw distance for peds/other cars. Better realtime reflections on top of the car; the old ones were rather faint and hard to spot. Honestly Rio was so ahead of its time graphically I'll be very impressed if this is significantly different in the eye candy department.

In terms of gameplay, I think it'd be rather neat to be able to player as either a male or female, and have unique dialogue for both. Bring back the outfits, also the same combat system. Put in dismemberment mechanics for the katana and rocket launcher. Double the size of Vegas compared to Rio.

By the way, this needs to go for a 17+ rating. There is no way in hell Rio deserved the 12+ it got, the content in that game puts most M rated games to shame. It's unfair to parents and to discerning consumers.

Last edited by JBRUU; 05-03-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 08:43 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I think it's going to be an auto gambler
Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

My guess is they'll drop support for 4th Gen iDevices with their bigger games this year, so they should be able to make a much more impressive game technology wise. Let's just hope they improve the story and dialogue as well, Gangstar Rio was absolutely awful when it came to that.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
"Honestly Rio was so ahead of its time graphically I'll be very impressed if this is significantly different in the eye candy department."
Your point...?

Do not turn this into another Xcom thread. I will promptly report any sort of argumentative or baiting posts.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I also hope that the story is better.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I hope we can go to area 51 and fight aliens!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
I hope we can go to area 51 and fight aliens!
If they're going for a more Saints Row approach then that would actually be an interesting idea.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
If they're going for a more Saints Row approach then that would actually be an interesting idea.
I know man. Useina a sword againt the alien menace while wearing an MIB suit? Awesomness.
Edit: I also hope the story is more like miami, at least. Rio was: No not my girlfreind who obviously hated me! I will avenge you!
While johnny in miami was more of an Anti-Hero, since familia is familia.
I really hope it is a "Save a family member" rather than "This city is mine!"

Last edited by saansilt; 05-03-2013 at 09:46 AM..

Closed Thread