Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Bullet Train Hell [Universal] - Fast Paced Puzzle Platformer!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Hey guys, Bullet Train Hell is a side project I've been working on by myself for a long time and have finally released! It's a wind-based puzzle platformer designed around the limitations of the touch screen. There's only left, right, and jump buttons so it's simple to play without worrying about if your thumbs have drifted too far from the controls.

The controls may be simple, but that doesn't mean the game is! Levels are full of interactive switches to step on that can affect the way the wind works. You'll have to think outside of the box, manipulating the wind in many different ways, to make your way to the exit. There's plenty of tough levels and even tougher side missions so anyone who likes challenging platformers will love it!

It's universal with remappable iControlPad/iCade support, and free to download with a $1.99 IAP to unlock all the levels, which also includes all future content! It's also compatible with all iOS devices, back to the iPod 1st Gen!

Feel free to post any questions/feedback here, I'm always looking for ways to improve it. Thanks!

Last edited by TriStarch; 05-04-2013 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: forgot a bit of description
Old 05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Damn, this looks superb. Giving it a download in a little bit.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:36 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Free levels done and I can honestly say this is one of the freshest and best platformers on iOS. Never played anything like this before and won't hesitate to buy the full version. Excellent, excellent, excellent. The controls are as tight as Pizza Boy, and even though it's cut from a completely different mold, it just reminds me of Karoshi and yeah...Pizza Boy. Can't recommend this enough.

There seems to be an issue purchasing the full version. Maybe it's just me, but it gives me a "product info cannot be retrieved" message.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-05-2013 at 12:39 AM..
Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
There seems to be an issue purchasing the full version. Maybe it's just me, but it gives me a "product info cannot be retrieved" message.
Same here.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 AM

Can't retrieve message here also when trying to unlock the game. Wish the actual gameplay area filled the whole screen on an iPhone 5, like the screenshots for the way it looks on the ipad.

Last edited by Snooptalian; 05-05-2013 at 02:10 AM..
Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Such a good puzzle/platformer game. I want to buy the full version!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Ooh, I don't appear to be done with the free levels. Still would like to throw a couple of dollars at the developer.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Ooh, I don't appear to be done with the free levels. Still would like to throw a couple of dollars at the developer.
Some "missions" are really hard But more often than not they require the use of your brain rather than pure skill and I really like that puzzle solving-like aspect.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Oh wow, thanks for bringing that to my attention guys! I tested it and it's like that for me too on the App Store build. Really strange, it was working before and the restore purchases button still works for me since I bought it while it was working. I recently renewed my developer license so that might have something to do with it. Sorry for the wait, hopefully it's something that we can get fixed soon!

I do want to get actual fullscreen mode for iPhone 5 (and possibly iPad) as well, I should be able to get it in for the first update.

EDIT: It's working for me now after a little poking around in the purchase setup, hopefully everything's fixed! Probably just a glitch with the license renewal.

Last edited by TriStarch; 05-05-2013 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: good news!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:58 AM
iPad mini

Just got the unlock to work