Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Blue Jungle Studios Blue Jungle Studios is offline
Member
iPad 2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 46
Default Launching in individual Countries

Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your thoughts, is it best launching your game in different countries at different times and days? Or do people still just tick all countries and launch to everyone all at once?

Just wanting to get some data together
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
simplymuzik3 simplymuzik3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jungle Studios View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your thoughts, is it best launching your game in different countries at different times and days? Or do people still just tick all countries and launch to everyone all at once?

Just wanting to get some data together
All countries at the same time, unless you have some super huge online game (then test in Canada probably).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Appvism Appvism is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 181
Default

So do you guys simply select all itunes store countries automatically when you launch an app? I find i deselect a lot of them, but obviously include the "main countries"...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Blackharon's Avatar
Blackharon Blackharon is offline
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appvism View Post
So do you guys simply select all itunes store countries automatically when you launch an app? I find i deselect a lot of them, but obviously include the "main countries"...
Why would you deselect any?

simplymuzik3 had it about right. Unless it's online, launch everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 AM
z3dd z3dd is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
Why would you deselect any?

simplymuzik3 had it about right. Unless it's online, launch everywhere.
What do you mean saying 'Unless it's online' ? So there is a different tactic for online games ? Can you share it because we're gonna realease such game soon ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Blackharon's Avatar
Blackharon Blackharon is offline
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3dd View Post
What do you mean saying 'Unless it's online' ? So there is a different tactic for online games ? Can you share it because we're gonna realease such game soon ?
If it's online, usually it's best to stress test the servers first. No amount of preparation can predict what a worldwide launch will do to your server.

So start with a small launch, like Canada, plug any leaks then go on to the rest of the world. That's what we're doing with All In & Friends and seems to be standard practice.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-18-2013, 09:18 AM
ruka ruka is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Internet
Posts: 38
Default

Even if it's not online (and if you got the time) launching in one country is kinda good to test out the game. I haven't personally do this, but some developer I know released their game in one country first on the first month to iron out issues.

I don't think you don't need to do that though if you already testing extensively the game itself :/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM
R3v's Avatar
R3v R3v is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 135
Default

Launching in a single country at first has also benefits in terms of user acquisition. You need to test your creatives and copywriting in services as Chartboost, PlayHaven or even on Facebook mobile ads for app installs.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent