★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dungeon time stops when you do: smite monsters cleverly, not by mashing buttons!

With over 300 different types of items to be found, you will keep finding novel solutions to the over 130 different types of monsters you will face on your journey! You have time to think, but this is no puzzler - you will have to fight your adrenalin and use your sword or staff as much as your inventory. This is not a game of plodding through a fixed story, it's about experiencing the journey... and learning lessons that will help your next valiant attempt until you one day conquer the dungeon!

The procedurally-generated dungeon and vast array of possible items gives immense replay value. Some games you'll find a good weapon early, other times you'll rely on wands or potions, or some combination. Sometimes in sheer desperation you'll read a random unidentified scroll... will it be a scroll of fire that incinerates your clothes? Will it be a blessed scroll of teleportation for the ultimate escape?

If you have every played NetHack, DCSS, etc, this game will show you a whole new form of the "roguelike" genre.

When you get good enough to survive to 300 feet, you will be asked to upgrade your character to access the full dungeon. This is a one-off purchase for each type of character (for example, the sorcerer and sorceress are a single type - Evil Mages). The whole game can be played with any character - you only need to purchase your favourite character(s). This can also be seen/purchased in advance under Options/Store.

Upgraded to a new device or to iOS version? Just use the "Recover" button in Options/Store to get your character classes back.

strivemind's comments:

WARNING: This is an actual roguelike, with typical "you move / they move" type gameplay, not an action RPG. It appears that the dev greatly sped up the video.

This is a roguelike, but played from a side-scrolling perspective. It has randomly generated loot, dungeons, monsters. There are other common features such as cursed items, randomly generated potions and spells, wands, etc.

Controls are tap on objects/monsters to use. Tap/hold to move.

There are IAP to unlock other characters.

So far I'm enjoying it. One unique aspect, aside from the side perspective, is that you can point wands in any precise direction (example: you can shoot down from a ladder).
05-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Woh... another RPG for this week? Nice. Will surely pick it up since free, and it's pretty much something new in the roguelike scene.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

05-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Downloading now! Impressions later.
05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Nice, downloading now, impressions later.
05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
This game is really awesome, actually. I was a bit skeptical at the look, but it is a ton of fun! I plan on buying at least a couple iAP characters to support the great devs!
05-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
05-07-2013, 11:59 AM
The only thing I'm having problems with is editing text, I.E. a username. Once I put it in, I can't find a way to save/exit that menu. Anyone else having this problem?
05-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
This game is really awesome, actually. I was a bit skeptical at the look, but it is a ton of fun! I plan on buying at least a couple iAP characters to support the great devs!
Same here I've just been playing it for half an hour and at first I wasn't sure what to think becuase I don't remember playing a rogue like from a side on view but after sticking with it I started to see the good old rogue like features I know and love, like the turn based movement/fighting and the random loot etc.
over all this is a nice surprise game, I'll be picking up at least a character pack or two depending on how much I play of it, but early impressions are good.
Going by the app description there's quite a few items to find and different monsters to fight.
Nice find whoever found it.
05-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Have had great fun with this one on the PC.

Now if we could only get Legend of Dungeon!

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Not too keen on the graphics, but I guess if I can sit staring at @ for hours on end I can give this a chance.