★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4 out of 4 stars, USA Today

4.5 out of 5, Editor's Choice - 148Apps

"One of my current favorites of the genre." 4 out of 5- TouchArcade

"A perfect entry point for kids and genre newcomers." - MacLife

"An innovative tower defense game, delivering an entirely different and fresh gaming experience." - AppsGoer

"Great graphics and funny sound effects" - APPgefahren.de

Todd Rex wants steak. Todd Rex wants YOUR steak. Are you gonna let him take it? No way! Go Home, Dinosaurs!

Stop hordes of marauding Dinos from crashing your party in the worlds premier BBQ defense simulator! Unlock powerful towers that act like weaponized puzzle pieces. Take control of a rock-throwing, coconut-gathering gopher to build your defenses. With adorable characters and intense strategy, Go Home Dinosaurs is accessible enough for kids and challenging enough for adults.

Go Home Dinosaurs Features:
Highly innovative, bar-setting defense gameplay
A beautiful, vibrant 3D world and adorable characters
60 levels of Dino brawling action spread across three worlds!
18 collectible cards that feature a colorful cast of characters, including DJ G04, a trio of robot buddies, and a Meteor-summoning Mad Scientist!
Adorable Dinos with individual traits and personalities
Insane boss levels!
Challenging strategic gameplay involving fitting together colorful, puzzle piece shaped defenses
Carefully pick your defenses before each level
Purchase costumes and powerups for your gopher with coins you earn beating levels (no IAP)
Don't like steaks? Change them out in Veggie Mode!

Sanuku's comments:

05-08-2013, 05:28 AM
It's been a while since we had a great tower defense game. This one looks really good!

05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
It's been a while since we had a great tower defense game. This one looks really good!
I mean, we don't like to brag.... but.

Awesome to see it's out! One note, though- the game only works on iPad 2 and above (including mini). It also requires iOS 6.0 or above.

Hope you all like it!
05-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I absolutely love tower defense games and I have been looking forward to this one since I saw the TA article. I will definitely be grabbing this one tonight.
05-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Looks cool. No IAP is great. Looks as though it might be a bit easy though.
05-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogamer83 View Post
Looks cool. No IAP is great. Looks as though it might be a bit easy though.
According to Brad in either the TA preview or the latest podcast, the first 15 (yeah, it's the podcast ) levels or so are almost mockingly easy, but it picks up from there.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
According to Brad in either the TA preview or the latest podcast, the first 15 (yeah, it's the podcast ) levels or so are almost mockingly easy, but it picks up from there.
The first 15 (and more specifically the first ten) are mostly tutorial showing off basic game stuff like placing towers, harvesting, moving, rotating tower pieces, etc. Once we've eased you into a false sense of security, though things ramp up (especially by World 2).

We tried to make it challenging without being overly frustrating. Especially since we don't have IAP that could just let people work around the difficulty.
05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH_Sean View Post
The first 15 (and more specifically the first ten) are mostly tutorial showing off basic game stuff like placing towers, harvesting, moving, rotating tower pieces, etc. Once we've eased you into a false sense of security, though things ramp up (especially by World 2).

We tried to make it challenging without being overly frustrating. Especially since we don't have IAP that could just let people work around the difficulty.
That's both reassuring and terrifying considering I'm probably the world's worst person at tower defense games, but this is the first damn purchase I'm making tonight. Really looking forward to it.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Looking forward to this one. Wasn't planning on buying anything this week but plans change.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
05-08-2013, 04:06 PM
If you're interested - we're going to be doing our weekly livecast on our Twitch Channel in about 25 minutes (5:30pm ET). Fire Hose founder, Eitan, will be playing the iPad version of the game, answering questions and... probably shenanigans? Check us out!

http://www.twitch.tv/firehosegames/