Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Mushroom Wars Mini - iPhone version

* ATTENTION! iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch don’t have sufficient resources for the Mushroom Wars multiplayer mode, so the mode is unavailable for these devices; our first priority being that you enjoy the game.

Mushroom Wars Mini come with all the features of the iPad version:
  • Single Player Campaign – 27 maps with varied challenges for every skill level
    + 5 brand new campaign maps to celebrate the iPhone version release
  • Online Multiplayer mode - with up to three online opponents at a time

To all Mushroom army commanders! Get ready for total mobilization!

A long-expected Mini version of "Mushroom Wars" is now available in the App Store! Today iPhone and iPod touch users will have a chance to show their worth in online multiplayer mode, playing against real gamers, with the chance to break into the top world ratings!

Initially a PlayStationŽNetwork game, Mushroom Wars was named one of the Top 25 PlayStationŽNetwork games of all time by IGN. Released to the AppStore on January, 24, the game has quickly become #1 iPad Strategy game in US and around the world.

We are happy to announce that by popular demand we have created an iPhone version of Mushroom Wars so that the game occupies as little space as possible on your device. It is very important for us that you enjoy the game and save the resources of your phone!

This version will also allow you to take part in network battles for two, three or four opponents. There will be battles of three types available: either conquering all opponents; possession of key points; or scoring of a pre-defined point tally!

In addition, Mushroom Wars Mini will also feature 5 new singleplayer missions and a news section, keeping you updated with all the latest info. The most faithful gamers will find lots of new challenges to complete during the game!

★ 32 maps in Single Player Campaign
★ Three modes of multiplayer competition.
★ Up to four players in a battle.
★ 7 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Br. Portuguese.
★ Be part of a fascinating journey with a story-driven campaign.
★ Test your strategic thinking. Get easily acquainted with the RTS genre, or plunge into the depth of gameplay with its three difficulty settings in both layout and powers.
★ Three types of controls to augment player flexibility and speed of reaction; support for left-handed players.

The game will be available worldwide in the AppStore startig May 9 throught the following link:

Dear players, if you have an iPad, we suggest you to download and try Mushroom Wars for iPad. The game was optimised for comfortable play on devices with larger screen and Retina.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-09-2013 at 02:21 AM..
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Reading through the iPad thread, most of the posts were directed at the devs shady sales tactics (dropping the price within days even though the launch price was supposed to be a sale). And now, I guess both versions are at least temporarily free. My question is just whether the game is as good as it boasts to be.

Any thoughts from iPad players?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Reading through the iPad thread, most of the posts were directed at the devs shady sales tactics (dropping the price within days even though the launch price was supposed to be a sale). And now, I guess both versions are at least temporarily free. My question is just whether the game is as good as it boasts to be.

Any thoughts from iPad players?
I purchased it when it was on sale, it's pretty good. Strategy wise, pretty solid, graphics, nice and smooth. I was running it on an iPad 3 and mini at the time of purchase. Haven't tried it on my ipad 4 yet, but handled well on the other devices. If you like castle strategy type games, you'll like this one.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Been waiting and waiting for this! Thank you for the early sale! I really hope the music in the video is in the game. Addictive as all get out.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 PM
iPhone 4

Isn't this just another galcon?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Not out in US yet.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Not out in US yet.
Umm...did you try the link in the OP? It's out. Just sometimes you can't find games at first via search.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:50 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-08-2013, 11:49 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I've heard how popular and well received this game was when it first came out but I'm just curious what makes it special. Just looking at it generally it looks very similar to other games that are this type (units taking over bases).
Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Guess I won't be able to do multiplayer, but fun game -- particularly for someone like me who likes RTS games but usually can't handle a full blown complex one.