Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,564
Default Boom! - (by Happy Sprites) [Universal]



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 PM
pirres pirres is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Default Tried it, loved it!

Never seen a physics based racer / puzzler game before! Cant stop playing. Anyone who knows how many hidden treasures there are?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Lost_Deputy Lost_Deputy is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,774
Default

Game looks cool but the 1st thing I thought when I saw the crafts was the ass cycle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.4 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2014, 10:57 PM
NOEN NOEN is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,636
Default

I just ran across this game while snooping around the AppStore. This is actually a really fun game! I'm surprised it never got any attention. It's free, so it's worth a try. I've been playing for about 45mins now and there's no ads, no timers, no paywalls.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I just ran across this game while snooping around the AppStore. This is actually a really fun game! I'm surprised it never got any attention. It's free, so it's worth a try. I've been playing for about 45mins now and there's no ads, no timers, no paywalls.
Ok, I decided to try, but want you to guarantee the purchase price if I don't like it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 AM
NOEN NOEN is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Ok, I decided to try, but want you to guarantee the purchase price if I don't like it.
Lol, yes, if you don't like it, I'll reimburse the "free" to you. I feel that strongly about if that I'm willing to fork over the ENTIRE 0 dollars and 0 cents.

Last edited by NOEN; 02-02-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:30 AM
cloudpuff cloudpuff is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 2,824
Default

This was one of the first games I got ack in June when I got my iPad, it's one of my fave games and with regular updates with new content I can't imagine I'll remove it. The last set of levels are pretty difficult.

It has a gum single player mode with a good amount of worlds, then there's mini challenges for each world that unlock bonus levels when enough are completed.

There is also multiplayer where you race against someone else and try to beat their times. There doesn't seem to be a limit to have many games you have on the go.

One negative is it gets very grundy if you are trying to upgrade wheels, seats, clothing etc, iaps are not essential but I paid to unlock all worlds at once because I didn't have Facebook so would not have been able to get access to a world otherwise. I would imagine it would take a long time to get enough coins to purchase everything but you don't really need the stuff, you can easily win with the basic wheel and stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 AM
NOEN NOEN is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
This was one of the first games I got ack in June when I got my iPad, it's one of my fave games and with regular updates with new content I can't imagine I'll remove it. The last set of levels are pretty difficult.

It has a gum single player mode with a good amount of worlds, then there's mini challenges for each world that unlock bonus levels when enough are completed.

There is also multiplayer where you race against someone else and try to beat their times. There doesn't seem to be a limit to have many games you have on the go.

One negative is it gets very grundy if you are trying to upgrade wheels, seats, clothing etc, iaps are not essential but I paid to unlock all worlds at once because I didn't have Facebook so would not have been able to get access to a world otherwise. I would imagine it would take a long time to get enough coins to purchase everything but you don't really need the stuff, you can easily win with the basic wheel and stuff.

Yea, that was my only gripe. I'm not sure if the extra stuff is purely cosmetic or not.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 AM
cloudpuff cloudpuff is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 2,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Yea, that was my only gripe. I'm not sure if the extra stuff is purely cosmetic or not.
Not totally cosmetic, like some give you a higher bounce, some double coins, some make you faster, but I personally don't think they make much if a difference, I okay just as good with what you start with. Probably the coin double costume would be the most useful.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 AM
NOEN NOEN is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,636
Default

Well Connector? I'm waiting for you to tell me how much you love the game and thank me for bringing it to your attention! Lol
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent