Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 AM

Default Vampire Slasher for KTH - (by KTH) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hmmmm, the graphics look decent and it is free but all those spelling mistakes at the bottom of the preview screens (and the description) really puts me off
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Great game. Saw that vovin recommended it in another thread. Opened it to try it out, and played for two hours. There's a lot here. Especially for free.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I was actually playing this a few days ago. Got up to level 16 at stage 2-8. Gameplay is like Dota or any other castle defense game where your hero has to destroy the crystal on the other side of the field while an opposing army tries to defend it against your onslaught. On some levels, you'll instead have to defend against a set number of enemies or survive for a given time limit.

This does not have retina graphics. Everything looks soft on my iPhone 5. It does have widescreen support though.

It's made by Koreans (and it's free) so you can expect grinding to some extent. There is only one currency: Gold. Gold is used to buy new gear, upgrade and enlarge your army, as well as to increase skill levels. Given the region of origin, the prices to improve these areas feel fair enough for those unwilling to spend anything, at least in my current playtime.

Loot comes in varying rarities with different attributes, as you would expect from an RPG. There's enough variety to go as you progress through levels so it's nice to repeat stages in hope of getting gear with stats you want or of higher quality.

Some creativity was put into designing the spells and talents you can get. Talent points given on leveling up can be used to gain passive abilities or to unlock new active spells. The added effects are more interesting than the usual bonus defense or attack power and instead could add damage over time to a spell or give it splash damage. Talents can be reset in between stages for free which is great for experimenting and fine-tuning your strategy.

IAP. You get the option to buy gold, buy a full set of armor with the rarity of your choice, 3 additional army units (there are 15 you obtain from playing), and costumes that have unique and helpful properties but aren't out of this world overpowered. Overall, I'd say the store prices and offerings are balanced. Everything core to the game and most other things are obtainable, thanks to having a single currency.

It's worth checking this game out if you're into the genre. It's free, right?

Last edited by Echoen; 05-11-2013 at 05:00 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
Great game. Saw that vovin recommended it in another thread. Opened it to try it out, and played for two hours. There's a lot here. Especially for free.

*smirks*
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Surprisingly great game.
Graphics are obviously up-scaled, which is too bad because they would've looked great.
And boy, would someone please tell me which artist did the music? It really gets your blood moving, and reminds me a lot of Deathsmiles...
Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Glad someone finally posted this game, its been around for a good while now. Fun too!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:32 AM

Yep, I also saw Vovin's recommendation and grabbed this one. I've been playing it for a couple of days now and it's great fun. Glad to see it getting attention.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 AM

When downloading the game from the AppStore I saw some complains in regards to the personal information that is collected by the game, including social security number. Also unlike most online services who state they will never contact you asking for personal information, the agreement of this game states that they will / may. What are your opinions on this?

EDIT: Anyone with a 3GS tried this game? Will it run at full speed?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 PM

This free game is free and boring, do spend more time elsewhere.