★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fixie Joe and the Crazy Factory is our tribute to classic platform games of the 80's and early 90's, like Mario, Jet Set Willy, PitFall and Manic Miner

Fixie Joe works as mechanic in a factory, one night he's the only mechanic at work when a storm arrives. Thunder damages the factory, making the working robots go crazy and damaging machinery. Now Fixie Joe must collect nuts and tools to repair these machines and save the factory.

- Run & Jump through 10 levels full action avoiding crazy robots, collecting nuts and repairing broken machines.
- Autosave game at every checkpoint.
- Easy control system
- An epic final Big Boss
- HD and high quality 3D graphics
- Industrial techno music background.
- Hours of game-play
- A score system to evaluate your skills level by level.
- An Ad free game.

(*) We recommend iPad 2 / iPhone 4 or higher devices.

Learn more about us at:

Web: retromadegames.com
Blog: retromadegames.wordpress.com
Facebook: facebook.com/retromadegames
Twitter: twitter.com/retromadegames

copaeci's comments:

05-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Saw this thread, looked at the screenshots and was excited. Same with the gameplay video, though it appears the same basic elements repeat unless the video isn't doing the game justice. Tempting as hell, though, and priced nice.

05-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Looks good. Only a dollar. Love proper platformers like this (none of those 'platformers' which are actually a runner)

Shame the size is quite high. Hope the controls are good. Find out in a few
05-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Had a quick go. Really liking it. Joystick on the left. Touch the right to jump

The old ZX Spectrum loading screen at the start was great. Quick go of the first level. Really like it. Recommended so far for sure
05-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Except for the unresponsive controls, this could be good, but seriously the delay in pressing jump and actually jumping can be long enough to mistime and die. Frustrating.
05-11-2013, 03:51 AM
Yeah I'm noticing a bit of a delay the more I play. Bit erratic. Hopefully can be sorted
05-11-2013, 04:10 AM
I did wonder about the apparent delay in the jumping and such, which is apparent in the video, too. I wonder if this is an older device thing, or if it is just as pronounced in the newest gen iOS devices, too.
05-11-2013, 04:31 AM
Ok, so don't attempt to run this on anything with an A4 chip, it's not a memory thing, it's a processing power thing. I managed to get ms Splosion man running on a ipod touch 4, so maybe they can patch this to run smoothly.
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi all,

I am Retromade Games Studio Lead Developer. Thanks to all to play our game, for the review and to notice about this jump button delay. We will try to solve in next release soon, we are a small studio and we have not all the iOS or Android devices to test it, we tested in many but...

About the "processing thing" yes, it is true, we recommend always minimum an iPad 2 or iPhone 4 to play this game (as the game description said). We pressed a lot the GPU with this game, lots of lights, realtime shadows, big levels.

If you have further question, i am here to help and i hope we can give you the better play experience.
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Wow this looks great