★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Devs, how was your app launch?

05-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Devs, how was your app launch?

Question for the devs here...

What one word would you use to describe your opening week sales figure for your game/app? For me: pitiful!

Thanks,
05-11-2013, 04:07 AM
Hill.

Dev homepage: http://www.simiansquared.com
Currently developing: http://tobgame.com/
Twitter: @SimianSquared

05-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Small bump at the beginning, then steadily downwards. Standard launch graph for a new app with no additional advertising/attention. After it got too low I started putting it on more markets, trying to get it attention, reviews, etc, which helped a lot. I've seen it surpass its launch spike several times since it's been out, so your launch spike doesn't always determine the highest sales you'll ever have.
05-11-2013, 03:56 PM
One word?

Promising

We're doing a Canadian soft launch of All In (as of Wednesday) and it's been doing great. Absolutely no views on the thread in TA, but it promptly marched its way into the top 50 games.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
05-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
We're doing a Canadian soft launch of All In (as of Wednesday) and it's been doing great. Absolutely no views on the thread in TA, but it promptly marched its way into the top 50 games.
That's really good to hear, the trailer looks great and the game itself looks like a lot of fun.

Trigger City - Revenge gets retro.
05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Small bump at the beginning, then steadily downwards. Standard launch graph for a new app with no additional advertising/attention. After it got too low I started putting it on more markets, trying to get it attention, reviews, etc, which helped a lot. I've seen it surpass its launch spike several times since it's been out, so your launch spike doesn't always determine the highest sales you'll ever have.
That's awesome news as we're porting to everything right now that Unity supports. We had a limited start with a ton of downloads but mediocre sales (so the general downward trend). The game isn't dead yet on iOS but we'ere hoping to generate some buzz with a ton of reviews and hopefully some support from Samsung and the Google Play store.

Last edited by John Francis; 05-12-2013 at 08:19 PM.
05-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I think if we had to use one word to describe our recent launches in one word

OREO: Twist, Lick, Dunk: Good
Into the Dead: Surprising
Robot Unicorn Attack 2: Great

I suspect the way our next launch is lining up we hope to be using the word "amazing" after just one week
05-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod Games View Post
That's really good to hear, the trailer looks great and the game itself looks like a lot of fun.
Oh wow - didn't realize the trailer was still accessible.

That's an oldie - we've changed a ton and cleaned up a lot of the screen since then! Thanks for the praise

@PikPok
Why did Into the Dead surprise you? I love it (one of 2 games on my iPhone home page, right next to Carcassonne)

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
05-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
...I suspect the way our next launch is lining up we hope to be using the word "amazing" after just one week
I won't be surprised, you guys are quite "big"
05-13-2013, 10:28 AM
1st day = nervous
2nd day = relief