Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-12-2013, 12:55 PM

Default SEQ (feedback needed)

Hi guys,

Could you give me some feedbacks about my game SEQ? It's a puzzle game with simple graphics and complex solutions.
The basic principle is to "draw" sequences to fill the grid, with some logical/numerical constraints.

SEQ has been downloaded over 400K times (mainly in Europe). It's universal and synced with iCloud. The app is free (40 levels) and there are 3 paid packs of 60 levels with increasing difficulty.

I offer you a magic link to unlock the paid packs for free so that you can try out the game:

Install SEQ
Then tap this magic link to unlock everything

The link will work until Wednesday.

Videos and more:
http://1button.co/seq

PS: I'm the developer of ON/OFF too.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=186173
Old 05-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Ok I will try it and post impressions? With 400K downloads what feedback are you looking for?

Last edited by TheFrost; 05-12-2013 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 01:21 PM
iPad mini

Magic Link FTW! Seriously that is cool. Haven't seen anyone do anything like that before. I just ran through all the A levels and its pretty good so far. I like the minimalist graphics, and nice relaxing tones. The puzzles are pretty easy so far but I'm guessing that will change
Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM

I've played the first 50 levels so far. The minimalist style works well.

Finding it more of a relaxing puzzler than a really taxing on so far, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Definitely worth a look.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This is an excellent puzzle game. The graphics style and sounds fit very well. Thanks for the unlocks.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Was wondering why this wasn't linked ti the game, and realised that the game already had a thread here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=146055

Should these threads be merged, or this one moved to the deals thread or something?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:29 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks for the free levels! I downloaded this a few weeks ago and bought the medium pack. Hadn't completed it yet, it's nice to have the other packs too.
I really like SEQ. I downloaded it because I was looking for more relaxed puzzles, without time/move limits. Like sudoku/slitherlink puzzle books that you just work through on your own pace.

The easy levels were really easy. I think it would have been nice to be able to try some of the more difficult levels for free, to get a sense of the difficulty of those level packs. Instead of 40 easy levels free, I would have preferred 20 easy levels, 10 medium and 10 hard, something like that. I like the difficulty of the medium levels. Difficulty does feel a bit uneven at times, but it doesn't become irritating (at least not so far).

The only thing I really don't like in the game is that you have to finish each level in a pack before you can move on to the next one (or you can buy keys with IAP). That keeps it from truly replicating the puzzle-book experience that I like so much. It's so relaxing, and it would be nice to just be able to skip a puzzle. (This might actually have kept me from buying the hard level pack - it would suck to be stuck at one of the first puzzles).

But those are relative nit-picks, and I just offer them because the author specifically asked for feedback. The game itself is great. I really like the design of the game, and the sounds/music. That adds a lot to the game. The mechanics also work well, it's intuitive and easy to draw a line, and it's nice that you can delete only a portion of the line.

Last edited by lena; 05-13-2013 at 04:56 AM..
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Cool. Magic link for real racing 3? :-)
Old 05-13-2013, 06:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'm midway through World C. In my opinion, the game is ok for a puzzle game. It's slow and mellow. That being said, I don't typically buy games like this. The Vault drove me nuts to the point I was ready to Google the solutions.

So far, not once have I been stumped. It may have taken 1-2 paths to make sure I got all of them in, but it hasn't been overly complicated.

I dig the look. It's very simple. I prefer minimalist GUIs.

That's pretty much my opinion for now. I'll edit this if/as I get further.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thank you for the puzzles.

I played through the first 30 puzzles really quickly. I agree that they're pretty easy, but I'll note that I've played through almost all of Kris Pixton's Pathpix apps, which feature a similar game.

One thing I noted around puzzle 20ish is that you can't work backwards from a 0. At one point the path of a colored line wasn't immediately obvious to me so I figured I'd try to work backwards from the endpoint to see if that'd clarify things. If this were a newspaper puzzle, that'd be a standard tactic, but it doesn't look like we can do it in-app.

I second all of what Lena has said about progression and difficulty.

I play apps a lot at nighttime, in bed when winding down for sleep. Puzzle games are great for this because they tire me out. But bright white backgrounds aren't, especially since I share my bed. I'd really appreciate it if there were a "nighttime" color scheme for those of us trying to minimize the amount of light our devices give off. (Huge bonus points and customer loyalty if you develop a f.lux-esque nighttime scheme that filters blue light, but I'm not holding my breath.)

I guess the only other thing I can suggest/ask at this point, is: have you tested this game with colorblind audiences? I'm not colorblind myself, but I feel like a jerk anytime I recommend my favorite new puzzle game to a friend and they can't make heads or tails of it.