★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Abstratum
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 18.2 MB
  • Version: 2.2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Mesmerizing, engaging and relaxing - you haven't seen anything like this before!
#1 paid iPad Board Game in Germany (May-2013)
#1 free iPhone App in Brazil (Jun-2013)
#1 free iPhone Game in Spain (Jun-2013)
#1 free iPhone Puzzle Game in France, Portugal and Belgium (Jun-2013)
#2 free iPhone Board Game in US (Jun-2013)
#3 free iPhone Board Game in Japan (Jun-2013)
#1 free iPad Puzzle Game in Brazil, France and Spain (Jun-2013)
----------
"Voro provides a lot of entertainment. Its refreshing to see a different style of puzzler available on the App Store. The simple gameplay makes it enjoyable for players of all ages and types." (148Apps)

"Voro is a perfect example of why I love my iPhone. What youll love most about this game is that after almost five years of the App Store, someone managed to create a puzzle game that is truly unique."
(iSource)

"Voro is a fun puzzle game unlike most youll see in the App Store; in fact, its probably like nothing youve ever seen before."
(AppPicker)
----------
An amazing, 100% original and engaging puzzler WITHOUT squares, cubes, blocks and bubbles!
----------
User reviews:

"Absolutely one of the best puzzles out there. I tried it out of curiosity, now I can't put it down. "

"You'll be doing "just one more" all day - Very cool, intriguing yet very easy to play. Great design. Love it."

"It's been a while since I've seen a puzzler that was simple, interesting and original. Very cool game that is really easy to pick up and play!"

"Juste extraordinaire - C'est génial."

Capolavoro! Masterpiece!

"Outstanding - This is the game that the iPad was made for. No other game makes such good use of the iPad's capabilities."
----------

Bored of squares, cubes, blocks and bubbles?

Did you have fun with rotating cubes in the 80s or falling blocks in the 90s? What keeps your brain entertained in the 21th century? Have you noticed there havent been many novel logic/puzzle games, based on pure geometry?

Voro is completely original, unique, fresh and engaging puzzle game.

Clear all the tiles by dragging them into clusters of the same color, but theres a twist: the geometry is not orthogonal.

Features:
- completely unique gameplay, a novel concept (patent pending)
- abstract, geometric world without unnecessary bells and whistles
- 6 gameplay modes
- intuitive user interface - drag the tiles with a single finger
- simple gameplay, it takes only a few seconds to get it
- great replay value - keeps you coming back for more
- entertains both sides of your brain
- completely random starting arrangement of tiles
- several color schemes
- color blind mode

Voro takes only a few seconds to learn, but it has a great replay value. The tiles are positioned randomly, so each game is different.

Enjoy the freedom of free-flow geometry while effortlessly moving the tiles across the board.

Voro brings countless hours of fresh and engaging fun for both sides of your brain.
05-15-2013, 10:01 AM
It's an addictive and funny game, but the GameCenter integration is quite mandatory to expand the fun of the game itself. Please add it!

05-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Might give this a go. Not bothered by Game Centre integration, doesnt detract from the game itself.
05-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Capronissimo71, I will add GC integration, hopefully soon...

psj3809, thanks, I'd appreciate your opinion on the game (or any feedback).
07-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Game Impressions

This is quite a nice puzzler. Has a good learning curve. The flow of the game is quite nice

I have only played classic, and it is so nice not having a stupid timer. Quite challenging as you rise in levels. Haven't tried the arcade style yet, as I generally hate timed games.

Recommended for people who enjoy unusual matching type games that are actually puzzles, and who don't like timers. Graphics are good, UI is minimalistic, tutorial is easy to understand.

I would like to know what the tiny diamonds in the play field are for?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Been playing this for the past few hours.

Very good puzzle game, logic based. Sublime....

Game Center a must, although I don't think score is as important as level, unless score is explained as to how to maximize. Got to level 32 so far.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-14-2013, 03:00 PM
pluto6, thanks for your positive feedback!

Tiny diamonds are the "Show Next" markers, which forecast the incoming tiles (their color & position) in the next move. I'm sorry I didn't describe them enough in the update text or within the game.

The "Show Next" markers can be switched on/off in Options, so you may play the game without them in a more casual way, or with them if you prefer some strategic thinking (useful above level 30).

Game Center support is in development.

You get score points from the unused moves, as it is shown on the screen in between levels. To get a higher score, complete each level in as few moves as possible.

As for the "rapid" mode, it is not timed. The timed game mode (or maybe even a separate app) is on the roadmap, but the rapid mode features a different gameplay mechanics - you cannot slide/move the tiles, you can only click the existing clusters. Besides that, there are less colors involved (4 instead of 6). Overall, it's a different, more "instant" playing experince, it's still turn-based, but it's true that luck plays a greater factor in the rapid mode.

I have many new features and levels in development; in the meantime, have fun playing Voro :-)

========================================
Like Voro on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VoroGame
Follow Voro on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Abstratum
Visit Voro Website: http://www.abstratum.com
========================================
07-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Glad to see the game is changing and evolving around its original core. Keep up the good work!
07-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Hi I have hit level 40 in both...what's next? I've responded to the request after level forty but haven't noticed a change in the game.

Love it like 'skittles' candy can't stop...great game

iPhone5
07-29-2013, 05:07 AM
coyotero, an update with some more levels (and features - basic Game Center support and "color bombs") is coming very soon. Please add about a week to "very soon", for the App Store review process.