Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-15-2013, 01:36 PM

Default Nikko RC Racer - (by Paladin Studios) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-16-2013 at 11:03 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks like Table Top Racing on the yard.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Could be quite good but its a huge error having the controls the other way round. Don't people check similar racers?

Left/right buttons (or the slider if you choose that) are in the right with accelerate/brake on the left. Bizarre

No option to flip the buttons over. Every other racer out there has left/right buttons on the left (same with most platformers as well). Schoolboy error !

Deleted (might reinstall if they sort out the buttons)
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Could be quite good but its a huge error having the controls the other way round. Don't people check similar racers?

Left/right buttons (or the slider if you choose that) are in the right with accelerate/brake on the left. Bizarre

No option to flip the buttons over. Every other racer out there has left/right buttons on the left (same with most platformers as well). Schoolboy error !

Deleted (might reinstall if they sort out the buttons)
Same reason I deleted it.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

That's how the paddles of an RC car work...nrrr. Throttle on the left, steering on the right. It's supposed to be like that.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
That's how the paddles of an RC car work...nrrr. Throttle on the left, steering on the right. It's supposed to be like that.
But when you are used to playing these sorts of games with the controls on the opposite side it feels quite strange. Bit like a platformer having left/right controls on the right.

If they want it super realistic then give the game an IAP where you have to buy new batteries for your remote control for the RC car every day or two then!

My friend used to have an RC car, as you say the controls are correct as to an RC remote control but on the app store its a whole different ball game, just simply reverse the controls to make everyone happy (specially the majority !)
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
But when you are used to playing these sorts of games with the controls on the opposite side it feels quite strange. Bit like a platformer having left/right controls on the right.

If they want it super realistic then give the game an IAP where you have to buy new batteries for your remote control for the RC car every day or two then!

My friend used to have an RC car, as you say the controls are correct as to an RC remote control but on the app store its a whole different ball game, just simply reverse the controls to make everyone happy (specially the majority !)
First of all, thanks for the candid feedback!

Protoman is right, it is true that we looked at the real controls for RC cars for the in-game control scheme. But I agree that we should consider to add the option to invert the controls. It was suggested by one of the devs, but we didn't implement it due to time constraints. I will discuss it with the team - and when we do add it I will let you guys know.

PS - New batteries for the remote and RC cars as an IAP? Brilliant, we might add that too! (just kidding)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 AM

Wow, another racer. Not that I'm complaining but there seems to be TONS of racers recently.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derkdegeus View Post
First of all, thanks for the candid feedback!

Protoman is right, it is true that we looked at the real controls for RC cars for the in-game control scheme. But I agree that we should consider to add the option to invert the controls. It was suggested by one of the devs, but we didn't implement it due to time constraints. I will discuss it with the team - and when we do add it I will let you guys know.

PS - New batteries for the remote and RC cars as an IAP? Brilliant, we might add that too! (just kidding)
Thanks for the response. An invert/flip option for the controls would be great, once thats done i'll be playing this much more

Again i kinda see what you're doing with the controls but with these sorts of racers i would for sure add a flip controls please

Cheers