App description: - STEP INTO THE WORLD OF NIKKO RC -

Nikko RC Racer puts you in control of your favorite RC cars. Race 10 actual Nikko vehicles on 9 offroad tracks in a huge city park. Hit the checkpoints as fast as possible, and claim the number one spot. Challenge your Facebook friends and see if they can match your skill. Race against the ghost replays of your friends and use all the tricks and shortcuts to beat their times. Experience the thrill of an actual race, any time and any place - you dont have to be online in the same session.

- DRIVE A NIKKO -

Race with the coolest Nikko cars. Drive your VaporizR through water at top speed or blast your way to the finish with the powerful N-Blaster. Will you go for top speed or incredible handling? Choose from 10 cars, all of them real cars manufactured by Nikko RC. Each has their own strengths and abilities, so pick yours carefully.

- FEATURES -

- Battle your Facebook friends any time, any place
- Experience intense racing with ghost replays
- Grab power-ups to shoot rockets, race through water or to boost your speed
- Race with 10 exclusive Nikko RC cars
- Explore the huge park with 9 different tracks.
- Choose from 3 controls: Tilt, Tap, and RC
- Enjoy beautiful visuals and realistic physics
- Play on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad!

- THE OFFICIAL RACER FROM NIKKO -

Nikko celebrates its 55th anniversary! Play now to get the chance to win a real Nikko RC car every week. Share videos with your best stunts and moves - the coolest video wins a real N-Blaster!

And theres more good news for Nikko fans: When you purchase a real Nikko RC car, you get a promo-code to unlock a premium car for free.

- CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS -

Hit the checkpoints and set your fastest time. Challenge your friends through Facebook and let them race against your replay whenever they want! Start competing and find out who is the greatest RC racer.

- DOWNLOAD NOW -

Are you up for the challenge? Get Nikko RC Racer now and prove it!

Compatible with:
- iPhone 4S / 5
- iPod touch 5th Gen (4th gen NOT supported!)
- iPad 2 / 3 / Mini

- SUPPORT -

Need support? Let us know:
Mail: support@paladinstudios.com
Twitter: @paladinstudios

Sanuku's comments:

05-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Looks like Table Top Racing on the yard.

05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Could be quite good but its a huge error having the controls the other way round. Don't people check similar racers?

Left/right buttons (or the slider if you choose that) are in the right with accelerate/brake on the left. Bizarre

No option to flip the buttons over. Every other racer out there has left/right buttons on the left (same with most platformers as well). Schoolboy error !

Deleted (might reinstall if they sort out the buttons)
05-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Could be quite good but its a huge error having the controls the other way round. Don't people check similar racers?

Left/right buttons (or the slider if you choose that) are in the right with accelerate/brake on the left. Bizarre

No option to flip the buttons over. Every other racer out there has left/right buttons on the left (same with most platformers as well). Schoolboy error !

Deleted (might reinstall if they sort out the buttons)
Same reason I deleted it.
05-16-2013, 10:49 PM
That's how the paddles of an RC car work...nrrr. Throttle on the left, steering on the right. It's supposed to be like that.
05-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
That's how the paddles of an RC car work...nrrr. Throttle on the left, steering on the right. It's supposed to be like that.
But when you are used to playing these sorts of games with the controls on the opposite side it feels quite strange. Bit like a platformer having left/right controls on the right.

If they want it super realistic then give the game an IAP where you have to buy new batteries for your remote control for the RC car every day or two then!

My friend used to have an RC car, as you say the controls are correct as to an RC remote control but on the app store its a whole different ball game, just simply reverse the controls to make everyone happy (specially the majority !)
05-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
But when you are used to playing these sorts of games with the controls on the opposite side it feels quite strange. Bit like a platformer having left/right controls on the right.

If they want it super realistic then give the game an IAP where you have to buy new batteries for your remote control for the RC car every day or two then!

My friend used to have an RC car, as you say the controls are correct as to an RC remote control but on the app store its a whole different ball game, just simply reverse the controls to make everyone happy (specially the majority !)
First of all, thanks for the candid feedback!

Protoman is right, it is true that we looked at the real controls for RC cars for the in-game control scheme. But I agree that we should consider to add the option to invert the controls. It was suggested by one of the devs, but we didn't implement it due to time constraints. I will discuss it with the team - and when we do add it I will let you guys know.

PS - New batteries for the remote and RC cars as an IAP? Brilliant, we might add that too! (just kidding)
05-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Wow, another racer. Not that I'm complaining but there seems to be TONS of racers recently.
05-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derkdegeus View Post
First of all, thanks for the candid feedback!

Protoman is right, it is true that we looked at the real controls for RC cars for the in-game control scheme. But I agree that we should consider to add the option to invert the controls. It was suggested by one of the devs, but we didn't implement it due to time constraints. I will discuss it with the team - and when we do add it I will let you guys know.

PS - New batteries for the remote and RC cars as an IAP? Brilliant, we might add that too! (just kidding)
Thanks for the response. An invert/flip option for the controls would be great, once thats done i'll be playing this much more

Again i kinda see what you're doing with the controls but with these sorts of racers i would for sure add a flip controls please

Cheers